Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: USB Power Cable with Long-range Wireless Receiver

Two weeks in and same issue, and because of Wifi reciever I can't use a cheap cord

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Angelic9978,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

As our valued streamer, we want to assist you with your concern. As a start, could you please tell us more about the issue you're experiencing? Additionally, what Roku device are you currently having issues with?

Your response would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Arandle

My Roku has also recently stopped working and I found that the power cable with long range Wi-Fi is broken.  It looks like this a defect of that batch of streaming sticks.

I am in Canada and can't see anywhere to get a replacement online and am not sure if this is covered under warranty (which it should be).

SN 265036334468

MODEL 3810X

Model on the back of the long range wifi extender cord is WR001

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Arandle,

Greetings!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Could you please send us a private message since we'll be gathering your information regarding this? Go ahead and click the name of the user beside the icon to visit the profile. Then, an option will be selected "Send this user a private message".

We would appreciate you reaching out to us once more.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kaberbabe

This exact thing happened to mine! So now I have a useless streaming Stick when I didn't do  anything to damage it The fact that it forces the Wi-Fi receiver cord to stand straight up, basically define gravity, is the reason that the cord gets worn and cracks, as you can see from all of these other comments! And to charge $20 for a replacement? That's really ridiculous when this obviously happens often. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @kaberbabe,

We really do apologize for the inconvenience. Could you share with us your device serial number? I will be able to assist you further.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
robrivo
Reel Rookie

I just bought this NEW Stick  and getting the same issue with long-range Wi-Fi receiver.

Model 3820X2.

S/N: SOJ73373V91J

Long-range model: WR002.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @robrivo,

Thanks for making your first pots here in the Roku Community.

We'd like to see more on what's going on here. Could you tell us how you are powering your device? Is this connected directly to a wall outlet or your TV's USB port?

Tell us more about this so that we can further assist you

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BNicholson
Reel Rookie

Hi there, don't hold your breath while waiting for a replacement. I tried getting a replacement for a brand new faulty cable from Roku, and after 3 months of emails back and forth to Roku support, and promises made, they then told me that the item was out of stock and refused any further communication with me. The result is that I have a brand new streaming that has never worked! Won't be using Roku products in the future

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BNicholson,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the inconvenience that it has caused you. This is not what we aim for. In this case, please purchase it from third-party retailers in the meantime. Once the items are available, we can send them to you as soon as possible.

If you are already in touch with our Support team, we recommend continuing to work with them as they are best able to assist you moving forward.

Thanks for understanding.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.