Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: USB Power Cable with Long-range Wireless Receiver

@Lchel

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that your device is no longer under warranty. If you need a replacement long range receiver, you can purchase another on our Accessories page.

For more information about our device warranty, visit our Support page here: Player warranty and license agreement

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bessfriend
Channel Surfer

I've received the replacement but just as before, the port is different for the end that connects to the roku stick. the cable looks similar to the one that came with the original pitcher but the connection is different. I eventually bought a converting adapter so it'll connect between the reciever cable and the stick but it keeps saying that wireless reciever is not detected. please help. thanks. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

@bessfriend 

And you model number of Roku stick is? Saying its different doesn't  help.

Older 3810/3811 stick+ have mini-b usb port, newer 3820/3821 4k streamer sticks have micro usb port. Their cables are no way compatible. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
bessfriend
Channel Surfer

my message was a follow up to my original post so u figured you'd see that I had posted my roku stick info in the past.

the stick is a 4K+
Model: 3821X
SN: S09T4195GGUU

this issue was never resolved from before the 1 year warranty is up. I kept getting the replacement with a mini usb connector instead of the micro usb even after notifying of the error. I would expect that with all the necessary information, roku would know which is which. if this doesn't work again, I'll have to solve it my own way instead of relying on roku. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

@bessfriend 

You posted your previous post on page 5 of thread with 20 pages!! Be thankful someone found it all, let alone finding your post before that??

The newer model of long-range wireless receiver the comes with 3820/3821 4k sticks is the WR002. Get in touch with support and see if they have that model available separately? 

Edmund

0 Kudos
bessfriend
Channel Surfer

thanks

0 Kudos
Krogers7

My Roku recently stopped working and upon trying to plug it into to different power sources I figure it is the power cable with long range Wi-Fi. Is this a defect of that batch of streaming sticks? It was bought in November 2021. The SN of my device is 213179312372. Could a replacement be given? Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Krogers7

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

Could you provide us with more details about the issue? Do you receive an error message or code? Have you made sure that you firmly connected the USB power cable with the long-range Wi-Fi receiver to the device and power source? Could you also tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? 

Keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
GWRW1964

Hi there,

I have the same problem I'm afraid. wifi receiver/power cable stopped working. 

Pic of broken unit attached.

S/N: S092419GCWJ2

Model: 3820X

How can I arrange/buy a replacement?

0 Kudos
renojim

@GWRW1964, if you're in the US:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/usb-power-cable-with-long-range-wifi-receiver-streaming-st...

0 Kudos