Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VAR
Roku Guru

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

SooperFlye

my tv is a 3 year old smart Vizio I upgrade to the new voice remote in Feb all worked fine until the May update to ver 10.0.0
ever since my tv is not a recognized/ supported brand

but my 6 year old Vizio , my 4?year.old TCL, my 5 year old Samsung no problem YET

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I don’t know where sling fits into your fix cause I’ve been streaming sling for 3 years and have issues with 1 TV out 6 in 2 locations

0 Kudos
ShannonPB

Jump to solution

Vizio TV

Roku Express +

ID #YR-263-518

July 2, 2021 7:02 pm conducted Update check and also attempted to program the Remote which was working prior to the Update on June 30, 2021. Power and Volume and Mute still not working. Says Remote is not programmable (It worked just fine prior to June 30 Update). Please help. 

Grid799
Reel Rookie

Enhanced voice remote will not control TV volume

Jump to solution

I recently bought a Roku Ultra which came with an Enhanced Voice Remote (model RC506), however when I go to set up tv control it says “the current remote does not support tv control”. I have a Voice Remote (model RC309) that I also paired to the Roku Ultra, and this remote can control the volume on the tv. Any ideas why the RC506 isn’t working?

0 Kudos
Grid799
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi FMKev,

did you ever get your RC506 to work? I’m having the same exact issue, also with a Samsung TV. Another Roku remote I have works with the TV, but the RC506 won’t. 

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Enhanced voice remote will not control TV volume

Jump to solution

@Grid799 

Go to Settings > System > About

What is the model number and software version?

And when did you buy the device? And from where?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RoyMcKie

Jump to solution

Volume control on ultra remote stopped controlling Denon X4400H AVR

0 Kudos
dizzydinah
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm now dealing with intermittent power issues. The remote will not turn the tv on presently. Yesterday it wouldn't turn off. Lovely.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Enhanced voice remote will not control TV volume

Jump to solution

@Grid799 wrote:

I recently bought a Roku Ultra which came with an Enhanced Voice Remote (model RC506), however when I go to set up tv control it says “the current remote does not support tv control”. I have a Voice Remote (model RC309) that I also paired to the Roku Ultra, and this remote can control the volume on the tv. Any ideas why the RC506 isn’t working?

1) Check for updates:  Settings/System/System, updates/Check now (should be on 10.0.0-4209, but check anyway)

2) Check RC506 model/firmware version using the RC506 (unpair or remove batteries from RC309): Settings/Remotes & devices/Remotes/Enhanced voice remote (in use)/About Model=? Firmware version=?

0 Kudos
Nicole007

Jump to solution

Hello, I have done all the things you suggested to get my remote working so that I can use the volume and the down key. Nothing is working. I can't even get the green light to go on so I can set up a new device.

Here is the information you requested if the other steps did not fix the problem:

Device ID: 7KA6CG336256

Software Version: 10.0.0

Build: 4209-29

Model:4630X Roku Premiere +

Serial number: YR00G5336256

Samsung Smart TV