Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

Please provide us with the following information so we can investigate the issue further:
-what remote model (found in Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remotes > select the remote > About > Model)
-software OS/version (found in Settings > System > About)
-did your remote control the TV before?
-make and model of TV?
-are you connected to an AVR?
Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
NotHI
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Roku device model - 4660x - Roku Ultra
-serial number - YJ00C1753569
-device ID - CK488C753569
-software OS/version - 10.00 build 4198-46
-remote model - RC193
-TV brand and model number - Samsung UN55JU7100

Have tried multiple ways of getting the remote to work, and have found nothing to fully resolve - volume and tv power off still are inop, but have noticed that I can get the tv to power on when using the Home, up arrow, *, ffwd, rwd, and any special channel button (but not the actual power button).

System Update 28 June 21 - didn’t fix this issue.  Build 4209 wasn’t a solution on my Ultra.  Has now had issues almost 2 months.

Margaretmg

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

Please provide us with the following information so we can investigate the issue further:
-what remote model (found in Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remotes > select the remote > About > Model)
-software OS/version (found in Settings > System > About)
-did your remote control the TV before?
-make and model of TV?
-are you connected to an AVR?
Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team.

Thanks,
Danny

Hi my volume doesn’t work, everything else does, the information is:8121x,tick:32s331:serial:yk00jg682856:software:10 0 0 build4213-48uptime:3days9hour39minutes:Roku tv support:support Orr.tuck.com/us:I’d:npno8j682856:up address:192.168.0.101:wireless MAC address:d4:an:cd:be:40:c3

Staudie
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Here you go Danny,

- RC411
- 10.0.0 build 4209-46
- Yes (worked when connected to TV & AVR)
- Pioneer PRO-151FD
- No/Yes (Dosent either way)

Also the power button doesnt send IR codes.

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Danny

so where is the fix

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Still no fix

as my Roku devices go down I’ll start replacing them with other brands !

jonbonjovial
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

yup, no fix available to me either

divan

Jump to solution

I did all of the steps as asked. My remote still doesn't work.
Here are my settings

Model: 4660X - Roku Ultra

Software Version: 10.0.0 Build 4209-46

Yes, the remote controlled the TV before

Make and Model of TV: Sharp - LC-32GP2U

Not connected to AVR

Kcrews28

Jump to solution

Software Version- 10.0.0 (July 2)

Build- 4209-55

Model- 3800X

Serial Number- YF0089262122

Device ID- CT37A8262122

TV Model- insignia 32" LED TV

Worked fine until this past week. I kept thinking there was something wrong with the batteries. I have tried to Repair the remote to the TV over eight times. It is just a regular Roku voice remote. I'm not sure what else I can try to do. It appears the only thing not working is the volume controls.

Jump to solution

Beginning Friday (July 23), I am unable to use any controls once a video begins streaming. This is on a TCL 55R6245 with a Logitech Harmony 665 remote (and the factory remote - same issues on both). 

• I can turn the TV on and navigate the home screen and click to open apps. The remotes work fine doing this.
  • If an app plays video when it first opens (YouTube TV, Netflix), the remotes become a brick. I cannot play/pause/exit...nothing. I also can't turn off the power...nothing works at all.
  • If an app has a selection screen for an account or content (Disney+, Hulu, HBO MAX), I can navigate this screen. Everything works fine until a video begins streaming. Then the remote bricks. 
  • The same happens with our Logitech Harmony 665 and with the factory remote. The Logitech remote has had no issues at all since we purchased the TV in Feb 2020. 
  • I CAN control everything with the phone app. This is the only way I can exit and return to the home screen. Once I am on the home screen, the remote will work again until the next video stream begins.
  • I tried restarting the TV, a factory reset of the TV, and a factory reset and reinstall of the Harmony remote. Nothing works. Only the app will allow me to control anything once a video starts streaming. 

This is extremely frustrating - My wife and I can use our phones, but my kids (7 &8) cannot have access to our phones every time they want to pause or change content.  It's also causing our $70 remote to only control the sound bar once we begin a show/movie because we have to use our phones to control the Roku TV. 

-Remote Model: Using a Logitech Harmony 665 that has worked flawlessly since we bought the TV in February 2020. I also tested this with a Roku ultra remote from our other TV and it did the same thing, so it is not the Harmony remote. 
-Software version: 10.0.0 - build 4209-88
-did your remote control the TV before? Yes, it has always worked perfectly until Friday night (July 23)
-TV Make/Model: TCL 55R6245
-Connected via optical cable to a Sony sound bar

0 Kudos