Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two roku TVs next to each other

We have two roku tv's in the same room. One is our normal entertainment TV. The other is used only to display our 6 security cameras. Due to room size both tv's are against the same wall and only about 36 inches apart. I was under the impression that if we got the voice control remotes and paired each one to a different TV there would not be any interferrence problems. Not so. When using either controller there are issues with the other TV. 

Can someone tell me how to fix this issue? Moving one of the TV's to a different wall is not possible.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Two roku TVs next to each other

@Overthehill 

Are any of the current remotes in use have crescent moon key on them? Those are strictly IR remotes and will control both of your Roku tvs at the same time. Voice remote have microphone key in place of the moon key. And when pairing each true voice remote to the respective Roku tv, have the other unplugged from the power. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Two roku TVs next to each other

I believe @Tivoburkee has provided the best advice, but here's something else you can try in case you do still have an IR remote. Somewhere on the TV along the bottom is the IR receiver window. Cover that window (black tape over it or something simply placed in front of the window) and it won't see any IR signals from anything. I use two TVs as monitors in my home office, and both happen to respond to the same TV remote. So I just taped over the IR window of the set that I leave on full time so the other remote signals can't get to it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.