Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThomasEasley
Reel Rookie

Roku arrow buttons don’t work right

Jump to solution

Up till yesterday it worked right. Then not.  I put in fresh batteries.  No help.  When I start it and I see the first screen I push the right arrow but nothing happens.  I push the up arrow, the screen scrolls up from Home to Settings.  But if I push the down arrow the screen starts to scroll down endlessly and I can’t stop it. It goes from Home to Search to What to Watch, and endlessly down the whole list, back to Home and it just keeps going.

if I can get it to hold still and I can get the right arrow to move to the icons of the channels to choose from and I can get an up or down or right or left arrow to get me to the channel I want, (for example YouTube) about half the time I get the video I want and half the time the video I choose just starts behaving just like the Home Screen does like I said above.  Scrolling endlessly up or down with no way for me to make it stop and just let me watch what I chose.

it obviously isn’t working right,  what are my options?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku arrow buttons don’t work right

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @ThomasEasley!

Thank you for letting us know about the issues you've encountered with the right arrow button on your physical remote. We'd be happy to help you find the best resolution possible.

Could you please confirm if you need to press the right arrow button hard for it to work? Or it doesn't work at all? Also, kindly provide us with the serial number of the Roku device to which this remote is currently paired.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @ThomasEasley!

Thank you for letting us know about the issues you've encountered with the right arrow button on your physical remote. We'd be happy to help you find the best resolution possible.

Could you please confirm if you need to press the right arrow button hard for it to work? Or it doesn't work at all? Also, kindly provide us with the serial number of the Roku device to which this remote is currently paired.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ThomasEasley
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi., thanks for the quick reply!

Ok. My model is 3930X. Serial number S0082035JT8E.

Before answering your question:  when I started it this morning after I saw your msg, it offered a software update from v 13.0.0.24062 to v 13.1.4.1510.  So I decided to try that first.

once it took effect, I have not had the problems I wrote about yesterday.  I haven’t checked a lot yet, but the one video I was having trouble with does seem to work right at the moment.

im willing to consider the matter resolved at this point.  If more trouble occurs, of course I’ll post another msg.

thanks again.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the follow-up, @ThomasEasley.

We're glad to hear your update!

Feel free to contact us anytime you need help. For additional troubleshooting steps, visit our Support website.

I hope you have a Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.