Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Turn off (disable) remote finder

@Janedoe67-

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JG8

False. Pressing any button does not stop the persistent “pinging” that’s about to be resolved with a hammer. It’s also a rechargeable remote, so taking batteries out doesn’t solve problem. No response from Roku BTW

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JG8

Thanks for the post.

Can you pease clarify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? Are you using the remote that came with the Roku device? What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
scahearn

Roku Voice Pro remote I have pressed every **bleep** button and the remote finder won’t stop. How do you turn it off? It’s a rechargeable remote so I can not take the batteries out.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @scahearn

I hope you're doing well.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with your Roku Voice Remote Pro. It can be found in Settings > System > About. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Kangkairen
Reel Rookie

I just bought the Roku Voice Remote Pro two days ago. All day and night at random times the remote finder signal goes off on the remote. The TV isn’t even on. I can’t figure out how to make it stop. No instruction manual. I took it back and exchanged it. The new one is doing the same thing. Come on Roku. At least provide a manual with troubleshooting. You have to know by now that this is a problem.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Kangkairen

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried replacing the batteries in the remote to see if that resolves the issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kangkairen
Reel Rookie

The Roku Voice Remote Pro doesn’t have replaceable batteries. It uses a rechargeable battery…and yes, I charged it. I took the remote back and exchanged it. Hopefully the third time is the charm.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Thanks for the reply, @Kangkairen!

Let us know if there's any difference after you have received the replacement. For more information about how to use the remote finder feature, visit our Support page here: How to find your Roku remote using the lost remote finder feature.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Meepsyu

I turned it on to find me remote at first it didn't work and I couldn't find my remote for two days then my dad found it and now it won't stop beeping like I press a button and it stops then in a few seconds it starts right back up again what do I do! This is really anoying I have the Roku voice remote pro someone please help the only problem I can think of is the control button on the remote is a little busted but I got this remote not that long ago because my dog ate my other one 

0 Kudos