Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The right arrow on my remote for new 4K Streaming Stick is not working

Welcome to the Roku Community, @edwin_33125!

Thanks for letting us know about the issues you are currently experiencing with the right arrow button on your Roku remote. We want to be of assistance here.

Since you've already performed the troubleshooting steps provided on this thread, kindly check your inbox, and we will send you a private message to collect further information.

In the meantime, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you, and we appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
smb12321
Channel Surfer

No change in right arrow button

0 Kudos
smb12321
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote Right arrow button

I find it absurd that Roku insists they are just learning of this or must know the model number or type.  By this time they should have a huge working file on this.   This has been a problem for years and as far as I know there is no solution other than buying yet another one.  And yes, I've tried all the formulaic responses.

Farang
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote-Pfeiltaste nach rechts

Ich habe das selbe Problem und alle Lösungsvorschläge ausprobiert. 
Ich dachte Roku ist in der USA ein global Player?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @smb12321.

Thank you for informing us that the right arrow button on your Roku remote is not working properly. We appreciate your feedback and would like to address this issue for you. 

We'd like to assess your concern and gather further information about this. Please let us know the following:

• What specific Roku player you are having this issue with? 
  • Is this the remote that comes with it?
  • When and where did you purchase this?

In the meantime, kindly try to press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds to reset it. After doing so, pair it again to see if this will make any difference.

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cfg83
Streaming Star

@smb12321 

I am guessing these are bots and/or low end AI/LLM based responses, so you are not getting feedback that takes any historical context into account.  Therefore, we are mostly on our own to solve this problem. 

With that said, I think these are the things we can do without Roku's help :

1 - If you are willing to use your smartphone, then you can use the Roku App as a remote control.  You must make sure it is the official Roku App because the other apps might contain malware.

2 - If you are NOT willing to use your smartphone, BUT you have an obsolete (de-SIM carded) smartphone lying around, then it can have a second life as a dedicated remote control.  In this situation you would remove and/or disable all the other apps on the phone in order to extend it's battery life to the max.

3 - If you have a Roku Stick that does NOT use classic IR (infrared) communication, then you MUST obtain a new OEM Roku Remote as needed or try option 1 or 2 above.

4 - If you do NOT have a Roku Stick, then you can use a 3rd party universal remote the supports Roku.  Not all Rokus are alike, so you need to make sure it works with YOUR brand of Roku.  If it is not clear to you that it will work, then you need to make sure that you can return the remote if it is not compatible.

These are just my opinions, so your mileage may vary.

cfg83

Note: renojim corrected my earlier mistake when I said "Roku Express" when I meant "Roku Stick".

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@cfg83, there is no "Express" model that doesn't support IR.  Perhaps you meant "stick" and for clarification, a Roku stick is a device that plugs directly into an HDMI port without the need for a cable.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
cfg83
Streaming Star

@RenRen 

Thank you for the correction, that is what I meant!

cfg83

0 Kudos
Willy83

Hello,

I am having the same issue with my 4K right button. I've tried reconnecting the remote and reconnecting the network connection without any success. Here's the info that was previously requested:

Remote model: RC833

Stick model: 3941X2

Serial number: X02200SHH3DG

Please help, thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for joining us here in the Roku Community, @Willy83!

We understand how inconvenient it can be to experience issues with your Roku remote, especially with a commonly used button like the right arrow. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we will work diligently to get this issue resolved for you as soon as possible. 

We'd like to collect further details about this, such as the email address associated with your Roku account linked to your Roku streaming stick 4K, so we can check and validate it.

Kindly meet us through a Private Message for further assistance. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.