Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
egnompaln

Switch Remotes Between TVs

Jump to solution

I have an older streaming stick on my living TV with an older remote that does not have a mute button. I have purchased a new streaming stick 4k with a new remote. (1) Can I simply pair old remote to new stick or (2) remove old stick from living room TV and replace it with the new stick and put old one in bedroom where there is no stick now?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Switch Remotes Between TVs

Jump to solution

@egnompaln I would suggest your second option.  You can use more than one Roku device on the same account.  If you activate the Roku Streaming Stick 4k on the same account which I highly recommend then all of your apps from the older streaming stick will automatically be on the new device.  I recommend not selecting any likes or new apps when installing the new stick to avoid getting a screen full of apps you don't want.  You will have to login to most of your apps on the new device.  If you move the older device you will have to go into settings and find remotes and set up remote to control the bedroom TV.

I see no reason or advantage to use the old remote with your new stick.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Switch Remotes Between TVs

Jump to solution

@egnompaln I would suggest your second option.  You can use more than one Roku device on the same account.  If you activate the Roku Streaming Stick 4k on the same account which I highly recommend then all of your apps from the older streaming stick will automatically be on the new device.  I recommend not selecting any likes or new apps when installing the new stick to avoid getting a screen full of apps you don't want.  You will have to login to most of your apps on the new device.  If you move the older device you will have to go into settings and find remotes and set up remote to control the bedroom TV.

I see no reason or advantage to use the old remote with your new stick.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.