Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Streaming stick won't pair with remote

Jump to solution

How is this marked as a solution? Nothing was solved.  Seems like the advice is to throw the remote in the trash.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@dumbsticknopair

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: Fix your remote

If you are still experiencing an issue with your remote, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
catmarv

Jump to solution

I have 2 Roku sticks and 2 remotes that stopped working yesterday, and refuse to pair. I've followed all of the steps soooo many times, and worked with support. I am hoping there is a secret answer??  Please tell me there is??  

SN # 5S56A5000405

Thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@catmarv

Thanks for the post.

If you are already in touch with our Support team, we would recommend continuing to work with them to try to resolve your issue as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sgriner

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. I am unable to pair the remote, the green light is flashing and I am stuck on the "pair your remote screen".  I have gone through the steps of removing the batteries and unplugging, etc.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@sgriner

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here: 

Fix your remote

Pair your voice remote

If you are still experiencing an issue with your remote, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device (not the remote)? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
usernombre

Jump to solution

Thank you - this worked for my stick and remote.

0 Kudos
pabashu

Jump to solution

Hi, has anyone found anything out about this? I have the same issue as above, I've tried all the recommended fixes and I've tried a second voice remote, my Roku 4K stick will refuses to pair and Is stuck on the pairing page. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@pabashu, when the pairing screen is displayed does the light on the remote continue to flash?  Make sure you're using fresh batteries (not rechargeables) and set the remote down close to the stick when it's trying to pair.  If you have any other Roku devices that may be interfering with the process you may want to disconnect the power to them.

You don't give the model number of your stick, but if it's one that comes with the Wi-Fi receiver in a bump in the USB cable that cable must be used.  However, I think you'd get an error message if it wasn't connected.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tron27

Jump to solution

This solved my problem with two different Roku sticks re: "...if it's one that comes with the Wi-Fi receiver in a bump in the USB cable that cable must be used."

Putting my stick on a new TV resulted in a message that it didn't have enough power. I assumed the 0.5A from the TV's USB port was insufficient so I plugged an external 1.5A wall supply into the old-style jack on the stick. No more power issue but then the remote quit working. I've tinkered with it for several months without success.

I had no idea that the bump on the original short power cable was anything more than a filter like found on most computer and display power cords. Plugged that back in and the remote paired again and works fine.