Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Randrac

Re: Streaming Stick overheating

Jump to solution

I am having a similar issue.  I have a Samsung 4K TV with a detached HDMI box that the stick plugs into.  It is not close to a heat source nor the TV (about 5 feet away) yet it repeatedly overheats and/or drops Internet signal when no other device has issues.  Serial # YHOO5F827819

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Randrac

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We would recommend starting with the suggestions in this Support article then let us know if there's any difference after: What should I do if the red light is on or I see a “Your device is overheating” warning?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Randrac

Jump to solution

Thanks @Kariza.  I have repeatedly unplugged the Roku and let it cool, plugged it back in and within a few days it overheats again.  But more frequently--almost daily--I get disconnected from the Internet and cannot re-establish connection without one or more reboots.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Randrac

Appreciate the prompt response.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Missi5393

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue, I have my streaming stick plugged into the extender, which is not inside anything (TV is mounted to wall), it is pulled out at least a foot or two and I have placed a fan directly on it. It's not by any kind of heat source. I've had this stick for about 5 months, and this just started happening over the last couple of weeks. It has basically rendered the stick unusable, the tv can be on for 1/2hr or 3 hrs. before the overheating message starts to display and after cooling it down within 15-20 min after being plugged back in it does it again. What can I do?

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Missi5393  If you bought less then 12 months ago then you can file a warranty claim. If not you would need to replace it 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Missi5393,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team to look closer at this problem. Please include the serial number/ device ID found by going to Settings > System > About from your Roku device.

Once we have this information, I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist your further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
LSvagr

Jump to solution

I have had to sticks overheat and break on one of my tv's.  I am not sure what to do at this point because it's too expensive to keep replacing them.  

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @LSvagr

We're here to help!

We would recommend starting with the suggestions in this link: What to do if the red light is on or you see a “Your device is overheating” message. If still no dice, please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. You can check @RokuMary-F's post above to know where you can find it. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
TPFF
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi, I've been having this overheating message pop-up for a while now on my Roku 4K HD stick I purchased about 12 months ago. At first I thought it could be the hot summer weather but now its cooled it continues. 

I'm unable to watch for more than an hour, if that, before having to unplug and try again.

The stick is not plugged directly into the TV but a seperate Samsung HDMI box.

Details: Stick - 3810EU

Serial Number:YHOO64637421

Device ID: 235096637421

Thanks.

0 Kudos