Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mtnhome

Roku voice pro remote not pairing with roku express+ 3710x

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to pair a Roku voice pro with a Roku express+ 3710x, to no avail.

I have tried:

• Updating software, it has the most recent updates.
  • Following the instructions in the box - pressing home on the existing remote for 5 secs, following the prompts, but it is "still searching for remote" and doesn't progress beyond that screen after a few minutes of waiting.
  • Restarting the roku express, and restarting the remote, then trying again.
  • Recharging the remote, then trying the above options again.

The new remote select buttons do work while the green light is flashing on the back of the remote, but as soon as the light stops those buttons stop working.

What should I try next?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku voice pro remote not pairing with roku express+ 3710x

Jump to solution

Sorry but you cannot use ANY wifi remote with 3710 express+, nor the 3700 express. Both can only be controlled via IR remote. All models of express and express+ after those models can be used with voice Wifi remote like the pro. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mtnhome,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for taking the time to inquire about connecting your Roku 3710x to the Roku Voice Remote Pro.

In addition to @Tivoburkee mentioned in the above post. Your Roku Voice Remote Pro can be set up to control any Roku player, Roku Streambar or soundbar, or Roku TV model shipped since 2017, along with a few older devices. For a complete list with product names and model numbers, learn what to check to determine if your Roku device is compatible with a voice remote.

To learn more including which players support the Roku Voice Remote Pro, check out the article Getting to know your Roku® Voice Remote Pro | Official Roku Support

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you still have any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Sorry but you cannot use ANY wifi remote with 3710 express+, nor the 3700 express. Both can only be controlled via IR remote. All models of express and express+ after those models can be used with voice Wifi remote like the pro. 

Edmund

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mtnhome,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for taking the time to inquire about connecting your Roku 3710x to the Roku Voice Remote Pro.

In addition to @Tivoburkee mentioned in the above post. Your Roku Voice Remote Pro can be set up to control any Roku player, Roku Streambar or soundbar, or Roku TV model shipped since 2017, along with a few older devices. For a complete list with product names and model numbers, learn what to check to determine if your Roku device is compatible with a voice remote.

To learn more including which players support the Roku Voice Remote Pro, check out the article Getting to know your Roku® Voice Remote Pro | Official Roku Support

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you still have any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the Roku voice remote, and it will not charge at all.  Started last night.  I have tried everything shown on the forum.  New plug, new cord, holding pairing button, holding power button. totally disconnecting and reconnecting.  this remote will not charge at all.  Please send me a new one.   thank you very much. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jerryandjill520,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd love to take a closer look into this issue that you're having with the Roku Voice Remote Pro. May we know when and where you purchased the Roku remote?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
redskins18
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had a similar issue on my Roku Ultra not pairing with remote PRO. What worked for me was to reset my network connection. Go to system> advanced system settings>network connection reset. Once reset the Roku should reboot. Try to pair the remote, but do it before you reconnect the Roku to wifi.  If the remote pairs, you should be good to go. Reconnect the WiFi to the Roku and enjoy.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

@redskins18 

In the case Original Poster, you can not pair Wifi remote to Express+ 3710 nor Express 3700, both models can only be controlled by IR Roku remotes. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.