Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joriah

Roku remote stops working

My Roku express 4K+ remote will work and suddenly stops working. It won’t control the tv or the Roku device. I remove the batteries for a second and put them back and it’ll work for a few minutes but stops again. I have followed all the troubleshooting instructions, replaced the batteries, and even reset it. What else can I do? It’s a pain

7 REPLIES 7
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku remote stops working

Hi @Joriah

Thanks for your post.

We're here to help. I wanted to confirm that you have already attempted to resolve the issue by following the provided troubleshooting steps on this support page. If that is the case, we would be happy to assist you further. 

In order for us to assist you efficiently, could you please provide us with your Roku account serial number? You can find it on the bottom or back of your Roku device. 

Keep us posted!

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Gerric917
Channel Surfer

I have been fighting with my Roku Voice remote for Roku Express 4 for at least 6 months when I just recently found this thread. I have tried the troubleshooting steps over and over again to no avail. Now I know that I am not the only person experiencing this problem. I have been using Roku streaming boxes exclusively since they first came out. My Roku account shows one from 2011 but I know I go back further than that. I really don’t want to purchase a new remote when this is a known issue. I can almost purchase an entire new device with a new remote for what it costs to replace my defective remote. I would appreciate it if you could help me with a replacement rather than me having to switch to a different type of device. I will be happy to provide my account info if you will advise me how to contact you directly. Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Gerric917

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Please provide us with the information asked by @RokuNimfa-C above. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Gerric917
Channel Surfer

Re: My remote won’t pair for Roku Express 4K+

My post regarding the same issue is no longer showing up on this feed. I responded to an email from your staff and provided my serial number (X01600RNFHCE) and login but as yet have not received a reply. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: My remote won’t pair for Roku Express 4K+

@Gerric917

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that email replies from the Community notifications do not post to the Community.

I have passed along your concerns and information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
lfkestner
Channel Surfer

Roku SN is 1605GT0ooo174Aooo592. Says it was manufactured in 2016 - "Intertek 3092540"

A simple remote came with the TV.  It has a red button at the top with volume controls/mute onthe right hand side.  Later I bought a Roku 3 to have the audio through earbuds and that remote works fine once the red button remote turns on the streaming channels.  Unable to turn the TV on and off and no mute or volume control.  Please give me your advice on this. [personal information removed]

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @lfkestner 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

To control your TV's power and volume, try following the steps below: 

1. Press Home on your Roku voice remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Remotes & devices
  4. Select Remote
  5. Choose your voice remote from the list and select Set up remote for TV control
  6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process

For more information, check out this link: How to set up your Roku® voice remote to control your TV

Let us know if this works for you!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos