Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meena2024

Re: Roku remote not blinking / not working

Jump to solution

I have the same issue we’re you able to resolve yours?

Meena2024

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue we’re you able to resolve yours?

RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community user,

We see that you're having trouble pairing your remote with your Roku device, and we're here to help. Here are the steps to pair your Roku voice remote:

Reboot your voice remote and device

Use the following steps to restart your streaming device.

1. Remove the power cord from your streaming device
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds
  3. Re-connect the power cord

If your voice remote uses standard AA or AAA, you can reboot it by removing and reinstalling it.

1. Remove the battery cover on the back of your remote
  2. Remove both batteries from the battery compartment
  3. Re-insert the negative (-) end of a battery first and then gently push the positive (+) end until the battery clicks into place
  4. Repeat the previous step to install the second battery
  5. Put the battery cover back on your remote

Note:

• If this is your first time pairing this remote, you can try doing a factory reset and pairing the remote. 
  • If your Roku device has been previously activated and paired, follow these steps to reconnect the remote.

Using the installed Roku mobile app or another Roku remote that works with your streaming device, follow the following steps to put your device into pairing mode from the Settings menu.

1. Press Home on your working remote or from the Roku mobile app
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Remotes & devices
  4. Select Add devices
  5. Select Remote
  6. Select Continue
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions to pair your voice remote

Restart your streaming device to enter pairing mode:

If you do not have a second Roku remote that already works with your streaming device or the Roku mobile app installed, you can restart your streaming device to put it in pairing mode. When your streaming device is powered on, it will automatically enter pairing mode and look for remotes.

Use the following steps to restart your streaming device.

1. Remove the power cord from your streaming device
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds
  3. Re-connect the power cord

Once you see the Home screen, follow the steps in the next section to put your voice remote into pairing mode and complete the pairing process with your streaming device.

This should resolve the issue you are experiencing; however, if it is still unresolved, please reply, and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hsher

Jump to solution

Thanks for the advice. I did exactly what you said with not luck. I did install the app on the phone and the Roku works. The remote does not flash at all. I did change the batteries and I did unplug the Roku and wait 5+ secs. Question, does it only light up if it sees the Roku ? The fact that it doesn't light at all makes me think that it is either a dead device or some interference is disrupting the signal?  Thoughts?

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for reaching out about this issue in the Roku Community, @hsher!

We apologize for the ongoing issues with your Roku remote, even after trying those troubleshooting steps mentioned above. We really appreciate your efforts!

We’d like to help you further. When you have a moment, could you please send us a private message?
To do this, click on my username, select "View Profile," and then click "Send this user a private message" on the right side of the page.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.