Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ksillman05
Streaming Star

Re: Roku remote keeps losing tv power & volume controls

What a convoluted mess this is. Roku tv anyone? 😂

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku remote keeps losing tv power & volume controls

@lohphat

Thanks for the information. 

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work toward a resolution.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Bonniec

Roke express IR Remote will not pair/work

I have tried everything. The Source, where I purchased Roku Express feels remote is defective

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roke express IR Remote will not pair/work

Hi @Bonniec

Welcome to the Roku Support. 

We're more than happy to look into this for you. Your Roku simple remote uses invisible infrared (IR) light to transmit the button presses over a short distance. Here are a few tips to ensure a clear path from your remote to your streaming device:

• Always be sure you can see the front of your Roku device
  • Test your remote from various positions. Try holding your remote higher (e.g., above your head) and point it downwards at the front of your Roku streaming device.
  • Do not hide your streaming player. If your streaming player is attached to your TV with the included adhesive strip, move it to a position where the signal is less likely to be blocked.

If you are still having issues using the remote, you can replace the batteries and see if it helps. Still no luck? Keep us posted along with the serial number of your Roku device paired to your Roku remote. To get this go to Settings > System > About.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Roku IR remotes do not "pair" to Roku receivers.  All IR-receptive units (everything but Roku Streaming Sticks which respond only to WiFi direct remotes instead of IR signals) respond to the same set of IR commands and do not need to be paired.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Raphaelfaria
Reel Rookie

Roku premier remote intermittently controlling TV volume

I bought a new Roku Premier and installed on my TV. 
I see this weird behavior where sometimes if I press right or left the TV volume goes up.

does anyone have any tips on how to fix this?

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku premier remote intermittently controlling TV volume

Hello @Raphaelfaria,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We'd like to learn more about the issue you are seeing. We can see that you have a simple remote, have you tried removing the batteries from the remote for a couple of seconds and putting it back in to see if it helps? Make sure that there are no stuck buttons on your Roku remote. 

If the issue still occurs, kindly observe if the problem only shows on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device.

Keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Raphaelfaria
Reel Rookie

Hi @RokuNimfa-C 

i tried to remove the batteries and the behavior is still the same.

if by channel you mean the apps, yes this behavior happens everywhere, any apps or in home screen.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Raphaelfaria 

Thanks for following up. Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings > System > About? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Nicole0519

I just purchased a roku express with a “simple remote” and it does not work. I’ve tried switching out the batteries, restarting the roku, unplugging the roku; literally everything and I got nothing. I can’t set my phone up to be the remote because I can’t get to the settings in roku in order to connect it to the same wifi my phone is connected to. So now what?

0 Kudos