Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wall

Roku remote keeps losing tv power & volume controls

Agreed.  I am so frustrated with our 4 month old Roku remote constantly losing TV control.   This is obviously a global issue that Roku had better fix or continue to lose customers. 

129 REPLIES 129
Caseythekid
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku remote keeps losing tv power & volume controls

Roku sent me a new remote, and so far it has been working and not losing tv control. Maybe a bad batch?

0 Kudos
ryan11878
Reel Rookie

I've had this same issue ongoing. Happens with both original roku remote, and rechargeable pro remote. Bought a new streaming stick and it worked great for about a week before the same issue started. Clearly a software issue with the roku device with no answers in sight. I'm ready to switch to something else. 

diverite2000
Reel Rookie

Maybe if you give them your model numbers, serial numbers, and mac addresses of your TV, Remote, and Roku players for everyone in your neighborhood, they will somehow figure out where the defect lies?

I.E., their design, or the manufacturer's implementation of their design...then they can send a new remote with the same exact problems? Sounds like a plan.

joeking23
Channel Surfer

Having same issues. New Voice Pro w/ intermittent loss of power/volume control. Seems OK on menus but after program starts, no volume control; comes back sometimes- after close show and back to menu. Regular 'old' remotes worked fine, never a problem. Probable Software issue. When is the correction update? 

Based on the 50 plus comments here, I'm not sure I should expect any resolution from support. Maybe Firestick might be better?

LG 55UM   mdl> rv795   firm> rtn.490   voice_cap> en_us.0024

mdl> 3820x> stick 4k
build> 11.5.0> build 4312-cu
dev id> s08y41a66t2r
sn> x01000066t26

Weldo
Reel Rookie

I have experienced the same problem multiple times including setting it up again, rebooting, resetting remote and the “home” button sequence. No change - intermittent failing. Sometimes after using my LG remote to adjust the volume or turn the TV off, the remote starts working again.

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi Community Users, 

Thanks for your letting us know about the issue you are experiencing with the Remote. 

We apologize for the inconvenience this caused. We're happy to help. Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. This can be found on the back of the stick itself. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

We'll keep an eye on your responses. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @joeking23

Thanks for your post. 

Welcome to Roku Community. We're glad you're here so we can help you further. I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
joeking23
Channel Surfer

Thank for your reply.

From the 4K stick, mdl 3820X - s/n(devid)   S08Y41A66T2R 

This info was in my original post, taken from stick> SETTINGS> SYSTEM>ABOUT>SYSTEM INFO

"mdl> 3820x> stick 4k
build> 11.5.0> build 4312-cu
ev id> s08y41a66t2r
sn> x01000066t26"

Maybe the software developers should switch the 'device id' the serial num? Please pass this along!

Looking forward to a fix.

0 Kudos
theworm
Reel Rookie

Same problem.  Constantly reprogramming very frustrating.

Serial number X01700DYY290

Roku Voice remote

What else do you need?

0 Kudos