Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ledoc254
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku remote keeps losing tv power & volume controls

You need to update the firmware for the remote. If I recall correctly you press Home button five times in a row and then sequentially press fast forward pause rewind pause and fast forward again to get to the update window. For me when twas doing this for some unknown reason my Paramount plus service kept popping up. I just ignored it and kept pressing okay button and it worked

0 Kudos
dotZero
Channel Surfer

Thanks for this, however after updating and doing a system reset the tv is still not being recognized.

Temporary solution that worked was:
I paired my old voice remote and is working fine.
It recognized the Vizio (on the first prompt asking if i can still hear the music it had stopped).

May not be an ideal solution for everyone but my old remote was working fine. I needed a new stick due to not having the HDMI extension and it overheating one to many times.

0 Kudos
Ksillman05
Streaming Star

The firmware update secret menu trick worked for me, So Far. Also changed the id from LG to Goldstar. Day 3 its still working with no drop outs.

0 Kudos
DW55
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the suggestion, but if there’s updated firmware for the Roku Voice Remote Pro, why doesn’t it appear as an option in remote settings? …this is where the Roku help page says an update would be found. Pressing the home button 5 times, etc., sounds like I may screw this thing up even more if it’s s different remote.   Danny R., Roku Community Moderator, where are you? Why is Roku not offering a firmware update? Roku engineers have not been able to figure this out and publish an update since December? 

0 Kudos
DW55
Channel Surfer

Is firmware version “rtn.4190” the most recent firmware for Roku Voice Remote Pro RC795?

0 Kudos
dotZero
Channel Surfer

I don't believe I have a Pro remote just the standard Roku voice remote that comes with the Streaming 4k Stick.

The version name is RemoteFwFalcon4190.bin

0 Kudos
Ksillman05
Streaming Star

I can confirm that the voice remote pro model RC795 was updated to firmware rtn.4190 and has resolved the issue. Using the secret menu trick to run the firmware update routine. 

1. Press Home five times.
  2. Press Fast Forward, Pause, Rewind, Pause, Fast Forward 
  3. This should open the menu where you can update your remotes firmware.  
0 Kudos
DW55
Channel Surfer

Thank you. My remote already has that firmware. I bought this Roku last month. 

0 Kudos
Ksillman05
Streaming Star

I can not confirm what it was before i ran the update routine. Just that it did update or reinstall it? Also changed from Lg to goldstar id. After the update/reinstall 

0 Kudos

Roku remote keeps losing tv power & volume controls on my Visio tv.  This may happen a couple times and a may not happen again for a couple of days.  I have reset the remote and reset it up from the set up menu numerous times but it keeps happening.

0 Kudos