Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku remote is firing mute/unmute signals randomly

I have a Roku soundbar pro and the remote is randomly firing mute/unmute signals every few seconds.

this is not my tv as when I pop the batteries out of the remote, the behavior stops. The remote shows the batteries as being at full charge, they are normal Duracell batteries from Costco I believe.

i have to use the remote, catch it unmuted and then pop a battery out in order to watch anything.

nothing was spilled on the remote, no sticky fingers, it just randomly started this behavior after starting a movie, about 30 minutes in.

ive done system updates, system restarts via settings, but it’s still occurring. Is there a way to reboot just the controller?

as well the mute button isn’t sticky, and appears to be working normally but the Roku is constantly firing mute/unmute signals and I can watch the status flip back and forth until the batteries are removed.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote is firing mute/unmute signals randomly

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @Dacopenhagen!

Thank you for reporting this issue to us. I'd be happy to suggest some steps to help you troubleshoot your Roku remote.

Kindly try to press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds to reset your remote. After doing so, pair it again to see if this will make any difference. 

Keep me posted on how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.