Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zepplin732
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra remote doing double click?

Following directions above has not resolved the issue. Repairing the remote only resolves the issue temporarily before the double clicking returns. I have completed this several times and purchased a new remote assuming it could be a hardware issue. Any other suggestions or solutions are welcome. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra remote doing double click?

Greetings from the Roku Community, @zepplin732!

I'd be happy to investigate this matter further and find the best resolution so you can use your Roku remote again.

Firstly, can you please let me know what specific Roku player you are having this issue with? Perhaps the serial number would do. We can also try resetting your remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds and pairing it again to see if this will make any difference.

Keep me posted on how it goes, and I'll continue assisting you from there. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
zepplin732
Reel Rookie

Carly,

serial #: YJ002S651926

i have tried holding the back button and home buttons to re-pair the remote as well as removing the device from the system via the System settings menu. Neither option works, at most I may see the behavior temporarily disappear for several hours or a day but the behavior always returns. As mentioned purchasing a new remote did not fix the issue and now I have two malfunctioning remotes with no hardware or software fix in sight. Please provide a solution as this issue impacts the process of purchases along with day to day use of the product.

thank you

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the added information, @zepplin732.

Can you please confirm if you've reset your remote successfully? (press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds) If so and the issue persists, is this the remote that comes with your Roku Ultra? Perhaps you can provide us with the model is your remote.

Keep me posted!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.