Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeHunt
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku remote: hard to press the buttons

Jump to solution

They keep sending me a private email asking the same thing. I answered them., then I get the same questions. I answered them. They give you the runaround. This has been going on for 3 months now. I just want a remote that works. Please just give a remote that works. My fingers are getting pain trying to press the right button. 

0 Kudos
manfamm
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote: hard to press the buttons -- Remote Replacement

Jump to solution

Just to restate my initial posting:  we have two remotes that are not working. 

I had replied to your message yesterday with the following:  "To be clear, I'm not sure when or where - (either direct from Roku or Amazon) purchased the sticks but it was a few years ago.  Stick #1 is model 3800X; serial number 389f817668.  The other roku is at a different house and I can't send that information now.  The remote for the above Roku has worked fine until just now and failed for no apparent reason..  It came with the noted stick.  the reboot made no difference.-- a couple of the keys continue not to work."

thanks
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @MikeHunt!

Rest assured that we received your private message and will now forward your details to our Support team for further assistance. 

Your continuous patience and understanding as we work on this are highly appreciated and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @manfamm!

Thank you for sharing the issues you've encountered with your Roku remote. We can assure you that we will forward your details to our Support team for additional reinforcement. 

Important Note: Never post any personally identifiable, private, or sensitive information publicly, including passwords, email addresses, or payment information. Community content is visible to all Community members.

Thank you for your cooperation. Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dan39
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku remote: hard to press the buttons

Jump to solution

Hello, I have a Roku 4K Streaming Stick, with the voice capable remote. I also have 2 other older devices. I have loved everything about the 4K until recently. The remote control has become very difficult to use especially certain buttons. Use to the remote was very responsive to the easiest of touch, but now it seems you have to use all your strength for the buttons to work, especially forward/ rewind. I have become very dissapointed as I can not find a fix. I have never had the problem with any other remotes. I am thinking of switching everything to another brand of streaming stick. Has anyone had this problem, or know any type of fix. I don't feel the remote should be "worn out" as it is not overly used. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Dan39!

We appreciate your first post here, and we'd be more than happy to help you fix your physical Roku remote.

Firstly, is this the remote that came with your Roku Streaming Stick 4K? If so, when did you start seeing this behavior, and when did you purchase this? 

Additionally, kindly provide us with the serial number of your Roku Streaming Stick 4K, to which this remote is currently paired. 

Furthermore, you may visit our support article to help you fix your Roku Voice Remote

We'll be looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Totally agree this is a manufacturing issue. I have 3 of these with the same exact problem. None of the original remotes have this issue at all. What an absolute waste of money.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @danvassallo.

We appreciate you sharing the issues you've encountered with the buttons on your physical Roku remote. We'd like to know more about this so we can assess your concern better and provide an accurate resolution.

Kindly provide us with additional information such as follows:

• What specific device have you paired this remote with?
  • Is this the remote that came with that device? If not, what is the model of the remote?
  • What specific buttons are hard to press and does this button work?
  • When and where did you purchase this?

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dan39
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello Carly, thank you for the response. This is the remote that came with my 4K Streaming Stick. The Serial No. is S08Y41CWA5Y8. I am not sure when I purchased the device, but probably within the last 9 months. The problem started appx. 2 to 3 months after the purchase. I was not aware of this "ROKU Discusion Board" until recently made aware by a family member, or I would have posted here earlier. I have 3 multiple older style Roku sticks and they all work great. I was going to upgrade all my TV's to the 4K stick, but am now scared to do so because the remote goes bad. I don't know whether to switch "streaming stick" brands or give it another chance. Any help would be appreciative. Thank you and have a great day.

0 Kudos
MikeHunt
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku remote: hard to press the buttons

Jump to solution

Thanks for the new remote. So far it works fine.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.