Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
esc0029
Reel Rookie

Roku remote constantly reconnect to devicenot working for minutes on end. Draining batteries

Does anyone else have the issue where the roku remotes constantly disconnect from the main device and drain the batteries way to fast? For reference I have 3 different roku devices (Roku express 4k+, TCL 65r55 are the main concerns) and these devices will disconnect multiple times in a row and run through batteries like crazy. I've tried replacing the batteries and repairing the remotes and nothing seems to work. Sometimes the yellow light on the back of the remote will stay light for 2-3 mins then go off and reconnect to the device. When it reconnects it shows the battery level on the top right of the screen so you can tell it goes off and on non stop. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote constantly reconnect to devicenot working for minutes on end. Draining batteries

Hi, @esc0029

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing your concern and bringing this to our attention. We'd like to gather more information regarding this for us to assist further. Kindly check your inbox by navigating to the upper right corner with the "Mail" icon on your Roku interface since we've reached you from there.

We look forward to hearing a response from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
esc0029
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote constantly reconnect to devicenot working for minutes on end. Draining batteries

So no one really did anything to help me out or correct my issue. I am currently left with the decision to purchase yet ANOTHER roku to hope that the new one works properly, or move to a different streaming option all together. From the looks of a quick google search you can tell this is a large problem with these devices and no one is willing to admit or do anything. Extremely disappointed with the service from Roku and the lack of a customer service to call into for support.  

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

I’ve never had an issue, but my best guess from browsing a few threads is that it affects Wi-Fi (not IR) remotes and my guess is that it’s environmental.  In other words, if you have/don’t have the issue, new Wi-Fi remotes are likely to have/not have the same issue. 

As such, I would recommend an IR remote such as the Roku simple remote, or any of the countless third-party replacement remotes sold on Amazon etc. for as little as $6.  (You can use IR remotes with any non-STICK model, but do be careful to get the right one for your model. For example, there are more than one Roku TV code set, and those are different than player code sets.)

But I do again want to make it clear that these are guesses from someone who hasn’t experienced the issue.

Oh, the Roku simple remote and most of the $6 copies don't have TV controls (which i don't use anyway.) If TV controls on the same remote are important, there are "universal" remotes that include Roku codes.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@esc0029,

We're sorry for the inconvenience about this.

We believe one of our moderators @RokuTakashi sent you a PM regarding this.

Let us know if you have received it.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.