Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
igaytwanb

Roku remote behavior question

I have a Roku Streaming stick plus and I think there's something wrong with the controller. If I join a live video on YouTube, I like to rewind it and watch from the beginning, but it will not allow me to push rewind once, hold it down and rewind. I have to press it multiple times and it only goes back by 10 seconds with each press. Is that normal?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku remote behavior question

Roku will pass your remote key presses on to the channel app you are viewing.  What the app does with those keypresses is up to the app.

It's not readily apparent to most that each channel provider adapts their app to run on the Roku operating system, provides it to Roku, and maintains it. The only channels that Roku maintains are their own The Roku Channel, the Roku Media Player, and several Roku information channels. For everything else, Roku just provides the platform on which they run.

In this case, YouTube (owned by Google) creates and maintains the Roku-compatible version of their channel app.  Problems with its operation should be directed to them.

YouTube Help Community

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos