Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contrail
Reel Rookie

MX900 Universal Remote Control

Looking for the codes to get my URC remote working. The rocu remote works fine but I would like to control everything including rocu from only one remote. My preferred remote is the URC 900.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: MX900 Universal Remote Control

What Roku model do you want to control?

Edit: Just looked it up.  That's an interesting remote.  Using it as IR or RF with base receiver?

@Tivoburkeeis our conference user most familiar with remotes of all kinds.  If anyone can help, he can.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Contrail
Reel Rookie

I have a new rocu streaming stick 4k. The issue is programming the universal MX900. I can’t get the buttons on the MX900 to work. i.e left, right, up, down, and home among others. The  MX900 will take me to the rocu home page but then without the buttons it is not useable.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Sorry but the mx-900 will NEVER control a Roku Stick, the only RF frequency it knows is its own, which it communicates with base station. The mx-900 is IR only controlling universal remote that uses its own RF frequency to control the IR devices from afar. Switch to Roku model that accepts IR commands like the Express 4k plus or the Ultra. Any of the Streambars would work too. I still own three mx-900's packed away in a drawer. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos