Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Roku remote battery pops up notification

@FJB2020For me it's the pop ups on the screen that tick me off the most. Especially when you are not even touching the remote and haven't pressed any buttons for 30 to 60 minutes then suddenly a battery level pops up spamming your screen, even if the battery level is 50% to 80% full!

Also the issue of constantly having to pair remotes again because suddenly the next day they won't work or the volume and mute buttons don't want to respond any longer. The defectiveness of these voice remotes cannot be overstated, instead of endless complaints that go unanswered we need some actual solutions from Roku.

If I had to bet I'd say they aren't doing anything to address any of this, just working on their next firmware update that will add more useless features people hate, like those home screen rows.

FJB2020
Streaming Star

ROKU are you freaking getting any of this ? You took money for a product that fails to live up to its promise. DO SOMETHING 😡

johnmdula

Could someone post a picture/video of the low battery pop up?

Emissary35
Roku Guru

It's not just a 'low battery pop up' sometimes it pops up when the batteries are mostly full telling you the batteries are mostly full, which is ridiculously stupid. I'll try to get a pic but it's hard to predict when they will show up, it's very random.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote battery pops up notification

Greetings Community users!

It is highly appreciated that you've brought this to our attention and we sincerely apologize for any trouble and inconvenience this may have caused.

In this case, we will coordinate this with the relevant team to review your devices and find you the best resolution possible. With this being said, we humbly request the following details below so we can investigate your devices:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Photo of the pop-up message.

After we've received these details, we will make sure to forward them to the relevant team immediately.

We'll be anticipating your responses as we are more than eager to help you correct this.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Just tell the "Relevant Team" to remove the battery popups from the software with an update.

Or to add an option in the remote settings on the home screen to completely disable them.

Either of those two things will solve the problem. It really is that simple!

All that irrelevant info requested is meaningless, because these malfunctioning remote pop ups have been happening going back at least 6 years, just go back and look through all the remote topics.

The malfunctioning pop ups happen on all different Roku models and software versions that were current back then and that are current now.

Also Roku should know exactly what the battery pop up notification looks like! Without needing a customer to provide an image of it, because ROKU DESIGNED IT and PUT IT THERE!

Roku created this problem so just get rid of the pop ups completely!

Please and thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the added information, @Emissary35.

We completely understand your input and once again, sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We have requested those details so the relevant Roku team can correct this specifically on your device since you're currently experiencing this. Please be also aware that this feature has been made to let the users know about the battery percentage of their remotes but if this happens frequently and becomes an inconvenience, we'd like to further investigate the affected devices hence we're requesting your device information. 

Furthermore, the Tracker ID is very important as this would identify as a report tracker for your concerns. A photo of the error message is an option but it will help us have this as a reference.

We hope this clears everything up and appreciate your patience as we work on this.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

@RokuCarly

I have the information you asked for. When I plugged my Roku in as soon as I got to the home screen I got a pop up from the remote, it was not the battery level this time, but it said that the "Hands Free Voice Is Off".

I forgot about this pop up which also comes on my screen occasionally despite the fact that I never turn Hands Free Voice on, but it keeps telling me that it is off.

So this "Hands Free" and the "Battery Percentage" level are pop ups that I continuously receive on my TV screen, which I hate!.

I took a photo after using the code you described to get the tracker ID. I hope this is all of the information you require.

20240228_230724.jpg

I also want to respond to something else you said, that the battery pop ups were designed to let people know when their batteries were getting low, I completely understand that. But this feature is very badly designed and it does not work properly.

At the very least Roku has a responsibility to create an option in the remote settings so we can all turn off the remote pop ups! Because Roku are the ones who included it in the software in the first place!

I NEVER want to see any of these notifications, I am fully capable of figuring out when my batteries need to be changed without Roku telling me on my TV screen. As I suspect most other people are as well.

So please give us the option to disable these malfunctioning features that have become a complete annoyance to customers!

And I mean the ability to turn off ALL pop ups from the remote, the "Battery Percentage" one as well as the "Hands Free Voice" pop up too!

One last thing, I've used this Voice Remote Pro to pair to other Rokus in my house and I still get battery pop ups on those Rokus as well.

Which is why I know for a fact that this is not a device specific problem, these pop up notification malfunctions are a problem with the remote software. This needs to be fixed once and for all.

Thanks for your help Carly.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

This is appreciated @Emissary35!

Rest assured that we will report this to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation and correction as your convenience and satisfaction are what we always aim for. 

Once again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and highly appreciate your cooperation as we gather further information to be forwarded to the team.

If there's anything else we can be of assistance with, please don't hesitate to let us know as we'd be more than happy to continue doing so. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Rechargeable voice remote doesn’t always work Roku stick

I have issues with the annoying battery status popping up on the screen, even when the charge is high and I'm not pressing any buttons. It's so annoying!

My remote will not charge to 100%, as soon as I unplug the charger it drops from 100% to 96% or lower. Shortly after the battery level is in the low 90 or high 80 percent range. It won't fully charge and it drops fast even with minimal use.

I think the rechargeable batteries that they put in these remotes are cheap junk!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.