Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Re: Roku remote battery pops up notification

Once again I'm having the exact same issue that I reported when I created this topic in February. I was in the middle of watching a movie, I was 30 minutes in and had not touched the remote since I pressed the "OK" button to begin playback. All of a sudden the battery notification pops up in the upper right corner of the screen showing a full green charge.

Why is the remote popping up notifications like this? What the heck is wrong with the software? As I have said over and over and over again in here, these notifications are poorly designed. It's supposed to warn you when the batteries are LOW! Why is it 'warning' me that my batteries are fully charged? This is called a software glitch and it needs to be addressed now! Roku is completely ignoring it!

Also as I said before, I do not need any notification at all! So even if the batteries were low I never want to see this battery pop up from the remote! Roku, again I will ask you, why will you not simply create a new option in the next software update to turn these notifications off in the remote settings?

I've been suggesting this for years! Are you guys just stubborn and don't want to fix this? Or are the Roku engineers not smart enough to fix it? Roku created the pop up and put it in the software therefore Roku created this annoyance.

For the last time, either remove this pop up altogether or give us the ability to turn it off!

I don't know how many times we need to go through this before Roku finally gets the message!

FJB2020
Streaming Star

Re: Roku remote battery pops up notification

• Since we last posted i also put up the same complaint, constant on screen pop ups telling me that I must pair my remote because they can’t hear me. A little different than yours but no doubt the remotes are faulty and they should have a recall. Mine is still under warranty but ROKU doesn’t even reply anymore. It’s disappointing 
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.