Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deltabravo26
Channel Surfer

Roku remote and Roku not working

One of my Roku remotes stopped working. Nothing makes anything happen and the tv screen just has the background scene moving from right to left. Here is what I have tried so far. I did all the resets. I put new batteries in. I switched to another Roku remote. Same problem. I tried switching the Roku itself. Same problem. I tried switching the tv. Same problem. Nothing seems to make a dent in this problem and I am at my wits end as far as fixing it. I looked through the existing threads but I didn't find anyone who described their situation that matched my own. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku remote and Roku not working

Hello @deltabravo26

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Could you try re-pairing your remote to your Roku device and see if that will resolve the issue you're experiencing? We recommend doing basic troubleshooting steps on that Roku remote and checking if these steps would resolve this issue: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working 

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
deltabravo26
Channel Surfer

Hi Karla. My remote does not have a pairing button. I have done everything else such as making sure there are no obstacles between the Roku remote and the Roku. If, as I think is the case, I have the type of remote that does not need to be paired, I can't do what you suggest. Even before I read your reply, I had read everything I could find on the Roku website. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@deltabravo26 I am confused by your first post.  Do you have a different Roku device and Roku remote that is working correctly?  Does it also have a remote with no pairing button?  When you say you switched the device did you use a second Roku device with the first remote?  I am trying to pin down whether the problem is with the remote or the device.

0 Kudos
deltabravo26
Channel Surfer

Hi HDMIGuy. First some background. My Roku remote and Roku device were both working just fine until last week. As I said, the Roku remote just stopped having any effect. I did all the things that were suggested, like making sure the batteries in the Roku remote were brand new, etc. So I swapped out the first Roku remote with a second Roku remote (identical to the first one) that worked just fine on another tv in the house. Didn't solve the problem. It didn't work either. So I replaced the Roku device with another one (identical to the first) from elsewhere in the house. It didn't have any effect at all. (Yes, the front of both devices had lights on). Finally I disconnected everything from the tv and replaced the first tv with another one from elsewhere in the house. Roku remotes still don't work. By the way, our wifi is working properly and all our other devices have no issues. Hope this helps you visualize the situation.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

What kind of Roku do you have, device, stick, or tv? What are the model numbers and remote numbers? You can it in the battery compartment of the remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos