Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku express has no volume control

Jump to solution

Plain Stupid! How in 2024 does a company that sells content for television, movies, apps, etc. sell a "SET" for their devices that exclude volume???

Roku hav fallen down in my formally positive estimation. Disappointing plus!

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku express has no volume control

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @coachkel2323!

We acknowledge your feedback and we'd be happy to provide further information regarding the Roku Players (simple) remote

Please be informed that we offer various types of physical Roku remotes which include the Roku Players (simple) remoteThis remote does not have volume and power buttons. However, we do have alternative remotes available that come equipped with both power and volume buttons. 

Feel free to visit our website to gain a better understanding of the extensive range of Roku remotes that are available. --> Roku Products | Accessories

We hope you find this information helpful. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

On a forum for my car model, about once a week they get a thread like: How can this car not have feature X!?!?!  You can’t even claim it’s a car without feature X!!!  And the response is some variation on: If you had bought the next trim level up, it would have included feature X.  Choose carefully.

The same goes here.  I chose the Express 4K+ which includes TV controls, including volume, though I don’t use them.  I chose the Express 4K+ over the most basic Express for other reasons.  Likewise, in my car, the trim level I chose has all the stuff I wanted, but also includes a few things I don’t really use.

Choices are great!  Except when you chose incorrectly, I guess! 😀

Banned but back. Because why not?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @coachkel2323!

We acknowledge your feedback and we'd be happy to provide further information regarding the Roku Players (simple) remote

Please be informed that we offer various types of physical Roku remotes which include the Roku Players (simple) remoteThis remote does not have volume and power buttons. However, we do have alternative remotes available that come equipped with both power and volume buttons. 

Feel free to visit our website to gain a better understanding of the extensive range of Roku remotes that are available. --> Roku Products | Accessories

We hope you find this information helpful. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

On a forum for my car model, about once a week they get a thread like: How can this car not have feature X!?!?!  You can’t even claim it’s a car without feature X!!!  And the response is some variation on: If you had bought the next trim level up, it would have included feature X.  Choose carefully.

The same goes here.  I chose the Express 4K+ which includes TV controls, including volume, though I don’t use them.  I chose the Express 4K+ over the most basic Express for other reasons.  Likewise, in my car, the trim level I chose has all the stuff I wanted, but also includes a few things I don’t really use.

Choices are great!  Except when you chose incorrectly, I guess! 😀

Banned but back. Because why not?
whelm

Jump to solution

ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME N0 VOLUME?!! I will be returning this Roku Express!!! 
What a rip off!!! Do not waste your money!! Stop gouging us you idiots think you’re so smart! 

whelm

Jump to solution

I’m sure it costs about 3 cents to add volume function in China 

really?!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.