Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NoMeGusta
Reel Rookie

Roku Voice Remote vs Voice Remote Pro - Less Manufacturer Codes?

I've recently purchased a Streaming Stick+ which is an upgrade from my Streaming Stick (original). The new Roku has come with a Voice Remote Pro vs my old unit used the basic Voice Remote.

The Voice Remote was set up properly with my Soniq TV and was able to control power and volume without issue, however in setting up the new Voice Remote Pro there's only 1 code for Soniq and it doesn't work.

I found this pretty odd since the Voice Remote remote worked fine. During testing I paired the older Voice Remote to the new Roku and went through the TV setup wizard. Indeed when setting up that remote there are 10+ codes for Soniq (the 10th one works for my TV so I haven't seen how many there are total), and in fact there are substantially more manufacturers in the list of available codes. If I use the newer (Pro) remote the list goes back to the original shorter list.

Did Roku strip the number of supported manufacturers in the newer Pro remote? Is there any work around or update for the remote to extend manufacturer coverage? I have HDMI-CEC enabled on my TV and the remote is unable to determine the manufacturer on its own. Is there a database that can equate the 10th code on the Voice Remote to another manufacturer code on the Voice Remote Pro?

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Voice Remote vs Voice Remote Pro - Less Manufacturer Codes?

I have no answer for this, but I would like to hear what @Tivoburkee might know or think.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@NoMeGusta-

I can't answer your question, but ..

My Streaming Stick+ (3810) came with a standard Voice Remote.
My Streaming Stick 4K+ (3821) came with the Voice Remote Pro.

Are they now providing a Voice Remote Pro with the Streaming Stick+ (non-4K model)?

As mentioned, @Tivoburkee is the remote control guru around here.  He may have some alternate TV manufacturers codes to try.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Tivoburkee

Try codes under Goldstar, LG, and Vizio. 

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
NoMeGusta
Reel Rookie

Ah sorry yes it's a 3821 (4K+)

0 Kudos
NoMeGusta
Reel Rookie

I tried them all and no luck unfortunately @Tivoburkee. As ashamed as I am to admit it: I've started going alphabetically through the list. I've tried every manufacturer code A-D and will keep going from E once I find the will to do it again 🙂

It's so shocking the difference in number of manufacturers between the remotes, would love to know why they dropped so many codes in the Pro remote.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Hisense & Sharp Roku tv's use the same commands for power and volume as vizio, goldstar, and lg. 

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
NoMeGusta
Reel Rookie

Yeah, unfortunately my TV is manufactured by Soniq (not a Roku TV). Doesn't make sense that the Voice Remote has the code for it but the pro remote doesn't 😞 

Revey347
Reel Rookie

Hi I am having the same issue, wondering if you found another TV code that ended up working with the Pro remote?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @Revey347 

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? What's the brand of your TV? With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos