Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pamelatiff

Re: Voice remote pro won't charge

My remote decided not to charge any more 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Gregorama99 @Gregorama99,

Thanks for reaching out for assistance here in the Roku Community!

We recognize the issue you've encountered with the Roku Voice Remote Pro not charging, and we'd like to take a closer look at this and see how we can assist. Would you mind giving us more information as to when did you first notice this issue? Additionally, what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? (e.g. different cords, power outlet). Further, how long have you been using this device, and when did this issue occur?

Let us know more about this so we can further assist you further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gregorama99
Reel Rookie

Hi Kash, thanks.

This has been happening since new, which is about 6-9 months or so.  I have unpaired, re-paired, tried different cords (including the provided cord), multiple chargers, including 2A chargers.  The LED cycles slowly, the screen says it's charging, but when I unplug and get the message again, it's only charged maybe a couple percent at best.  I have been watching with "remote battery percentage" popping up constantly. It does work as long as it's plugged in.  ONCE or TWICE have I been able to give it at least a half charge, which is frustrating because I know it's capable, just not sure what fixes it. I use the same cord and charger to try to replicate, but then it is back to the same behavior.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Gregorama99,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

For us to further assist you, would you be so kind as to send us a private message since we will be needing personal information? To do this, select the name of a user beside the icon and proceed to view the profile. After this, you see an icon "Send this user a private message". 

We'll be looking forward for you to reach out to us privately.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jkuzmits
Reel Rookie

Like others here my remote won't charge. I tried the suggested fixes, nothing works. I need a replacement. S/N X01000S1DKSE Device ID S0DC2321DKSE the remote is Voice Remote Pro RC832. Please advise. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jkuzmits,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand how important it is to have a working remote when using our Roku device. We're happy to help. Did you try to use a different charging cable and see if the issue was resolved? In addition, what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jkuzmits
Reel Rookie

So I’ve used the original micro usb cable and four others, all with the same results. I plug in the green light pulses but seems to quit because the percentage doesn’t increase. I’ve also tried the suggested holding the pairing button, no changes. Sometimes I try plugging in and no green light, not sure if there’s anything else I could do which is why I believe a replacement is needed. Please advise 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jkuzmits,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We will require personal data in this matter. Please message us privately. As suggested by @RokuTakashi, you may do this by selecting the name of a user beside the icon and proceeding to view the profile. You'll see an icon with the "Send this user a private message" option, so kindly click on that one.

We hope to hear back from you soon.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mandi4u
Reel Rookie

My pro remote won't maintain a charge. The green light on the back continues to blink and remote control icon pops up on the right top corner of the screen until it depletes the remote. How can I fix it?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mandi4u,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your for letting us know about this, and we'd appreciate your cooperation in solving this. Have you tried charging your Roku remote with a different cable? If not, we recommend giving it a try to see if it charges.

If it does not, let us know more about this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.