Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku voice pro remote not charging

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted, @Ford981micah.

We appreciate you trying the troubleshooting steps provided above. In this case, kindly provide us with additional information to help us assess your concern better and provide you with an accurate resolution:

We'll be looking forward to your response. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku voice Remote won’t charge

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Novarod!

We appreciate you reaching out for support. We'd be more than happy to help you fix your Roku Voice Remote Pro so you can get back on streaming. 

Kindly provide us with additional information such as follows:

In the meantime, we suggest resetting your remote.

• If your rechargeable voice remote has a pairing button, press and hold the pairing button on the back of the remote for 20 seconds.
  • If your rechargeable voice remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. 

Also, kindly consider following the troubleshooting steps provided by @RokuMary-F above. 

Your update is highly anticipated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ford981micah
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It is a Roku voice remote pro, I am just short of having it for one year. The problem just started when I messaged you. I have had it plugged in for several days because that is the only way I can get it to work. I have it paired yo a TCL Roku TV that I have had for a few years. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for the additional infromation, @Ford981micah.

Rest assured that I will coordinate this with our Support team for additional reinforcement and contact you via Private Message to gather further personal information.

In the meantime, you may use the Roku mobile app as an alternative to your physical Roku remote while we work on finding you the best resolution. The Remote feature of the mobile app allows you to use your phone or tablet as a Roku remote. 

To use a Roku remote on your phone, you must first install the Roku mobile appsign in to the mobile app, and then connect the mobile app to your Roku streaming device.

For reference, here's the support article dedicated to this: How to use the Roku mobile app to control your Roku streaming device without a remote

We appreciate your continuous patience and cooperation as we try to troubleshoot your Roku Voice Remote Pro.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tpondang

Jump to solution

My remote is also not charging properly. (Voice Remote Pro)

When I plug it in, I see the "Remote Charging" message on he screen and the green light on the back does the slow-flashing thing to indicate it's charging. However, it either doesn't charge at all, discharges some, or charges just a little bit. I haven't been able to get it over 6%. This includes letting it charge overnight.

I have tried a different Micro USB cable, and a different USB plug adapter.

I have tried holding the remote pairing button until the light stops flashing.

This remote came with the Roku device, which is Serial #X01000050XJL

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @tpondang!

Thank you for letting us know about the issues you've encountered with your Roku Voice Remote Pro. We'd be happy to help you find the best resolution. 

Have you tried charging it directly on a power outlet? If the issue persists, I will happily coordinate this with our support team for additional reinforcement. Kindly check your inbox, as I will contact you privately to gather the necessary details. 

In the meantime, you may use the Roku mobile app as an alternative, as we are still working on fixing your physical Roku remote. The mobile app's Remote feature allows you to use your phone or tablet as a Roku remote.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ptunia1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine won't recharge either. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @ptunia1.

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you letting us know about being unable to recharge your physical remote. We'd be happy to suggest some troubleshooting steps to help you control your Roku device again.

Before proceeding, kindly provide us with additional information such as follows:

• Is this the remote that came with your Roku device? If not, kindly confirm if this is a Roku Voice Remote Pro or Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd Edition)
  • Does your remote work when plugged in or it doesn't power on at all?
  • Are you seeing any blinking lights when you try to press random buttons on your remote?

Furthermore, if you can still use your physical remote, try the following troubleshooting steps provided below:

Check and confirm your Roku voice remote's battery:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku voice remote.
  2. Navigate to Settings.
  3. Select Remotes & devices.
  4. Choose Remotes and then select your remote (You may have multiple remotes paired: Voice Remote, Voice Remote Pro, etc).
  5. Select About to view the battery level.

Restart your remote

• If your rechargeable voice remote has a pairing button, press and hold the pairing button on the back of the remote for 20 seconds.

• If your rechargeable voice remote doesn't have a pairing button, press and hold the Back and Home buttons on the Roku remote for 20 seconds.

To disable a remote: Press and hold Back, Home, and Mute for 5 seconds to power it off.
To re-enable a disabled remote: For rechargeable remotes with a pairing button, hold it for 5 seconds. Otherwise, press and hold Back and Home for 5 seconds before re-pairing if necessary.

Lastly, we also highly recommend using different USB cords to charge your remote.

Please keep us posted on how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
eliazabib

Jump to solution

Good morning,

I have tried everything suggested and it still will not charge

0 Kudos
eliazabib

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro won’t Charge

Jump to solution

How did you get it fixed?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.