Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MW8830
Reel Rookie

Roku Voice Remote Pro can't revert back to default finder sound after changing it

I’m in the exact same boat right now, GRRRR!!! You said it exactly and I can’t figure it out. I’m about ready to send this remote back and order a replacement. It is so stupid why I can’t go to the original sound. Did you figure it out??? This is driving me crazy. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro can't revert back to default finder sound after changing it

Hello! @MW8830,

Welcome aboard here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us about how to change the lost remote finder sound. We're happy to help.

• Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?
  • When did this issue first start occurring?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MW8830
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro can't revert back to default finder sound after changing it

It happened first day I got remote. I did the finder sound and the remote made the noise, which I was fine with. Then curiosity I wanted to see what other sounds there were so when I went to settings remotes, finder sounds, I downloaded the 3 other sounds to the remote- which I didn’t like any at all. But once one was downloaded I was not able to revert back to the initial sound that was on the remote when I first purchased it. I tried resetting my tv, the network settings, etc. but I cannot get the default sound back. To me it seems like the only way to get it back is to return the remote, purchase a new one, and then do not go into the sound finder settings on the TV. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MW8830,

We appreciate you updating us in the Roku Community!
We understand that you are experiencing difficulties with your remote finder's sound settings. We would be pleased to help you even more. Please attempt the following steps:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Remotes & Devices.
  4. Select Remotes, and then select your voice remote.
  5. Select Change remote finder sound.
  6. As you move up and down the list, remain on a selection for a moment to hear a sample played on your TV speakers. When you find a sound you like, press OK to download it to your remote.
  7. To hear the new sound played on the speaker in your remote, select Preview remote finder sound.

Tell us how it goes, and we'll be here to help you even more.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.