Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bg370096
Reel Rookie

Roku Voice Remote Pro - Dead Battery

As the subject implies my voice remote pro has a dead battery.  About two weeks ago it wouldn't charge past 13% and then in the last day or two it wouldn't charge at all...  Now It will only work if plugged in.  It was purchased in February 2022.  Just under two years doesn't seem like it was worth it.  Is it possible to replace the battery? Or is there some kind of exchange program with Roku?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro - Dead Battery

Hi @bg370096,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with your Roku Voice Remote Pro since it is not charging. We're happy to assist you further. Please make sure you are using the cable that came with the remote and that you tried using a different power adapter and power outlet.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Yes, you do see complaints of Voice Remote Pros that lose their ability to take a charge, but I've had my first one for well over two years and have noticed no loss of charge holding capacity or ability to charge. I don't know if I just happened to have gotten lucky and received a good one, or if my usage pattern has something to do with it.

Many (most? all?) rechargeable batteries deteriorate if repeatedly allowed to overcharge. Both my Samsung phone and Lenovo tablet even have optional features that will cut off charging before the battery reaches full charge to prevent or limit this deterioration.

I've always made it a point to disconnect my Voice Remote Pro from the charger when it reaches full charge, or slightly before. I especially try to avoid letting it charge unattended overnight, which I've only inadvertently done a couple of times. The charger I use outputs 2 amps and the remote charges fairly quickly.  I can check the charge level via "Settings > Remotes & devices > Remotes > Voice Remote Pro > About" on the Roku. If I don't want to exit what I am watching just to check the charge level, I unplug from the charge cord and observe the popup on the upper right corner of the screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
bg370096
Reel Rookie

Hello John, I tried using another outlet and another charger with no luck.  It used to be able to charge right from a USB port on the TV so when that wasn't working I tried the original cable with an adapter and a power outlet.  I appreciate any other ideas but I think that the battery is dead.

Thanks,

Brad 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @bg370096!

In this instance, kindly send us a PM here together with the serial number of the Roku streaming player your remote was connected to, as we will be requesting additional reinforcement from our Support team. To send a PM, kindly select my username, View Profile, and on the right side of the page, select Send this user a private message.

We'll be waiting!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.