Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FunkyDuck
Reel Rookie

Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd Edition) won't finish charging

I just purchased TWO Voice Remote Pro 2nd Edition with the USB charging and they've been plugged in for 3 days and STILL haven't finished charging.    Instructions say the light should go from blinking white to green and it's not doing it.  Instructions say it should take about 5 hours.   Roku support is ZERO helpful.  Anybody else experience this?  Are these unit's just **bleep**?

Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd Edition) won't finish charging

Hi, @FunkyDuck, thank you for posting here in the Roku Community! 

We appreciate you taking the time to inform us about the issue with the Roku Voice Remote Pro 2nd edition. We are here to assist you. First, could you please confirm whether the problem occurred with both of the remotes? Also, could you provide us with the details of when and where you purchased the remote?

We also suggest resetting your Roku remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds.

If the issue persists, please provide the following information to assist you further:

• Roku device model (where your remote is paired), serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Twitch62
Reel Rookie

My recharge port wears out very quickly only averaging about 4 to 6 months and then it’s no good and won’t recharge anymore. Very poor quality. I’ve had to buy five of these already. I’m ready to switch to a different stream service because of the poor quality remote

0 Kudos
Twitch62
Reel Rookie

Why do I have to keep buying these because the charging port keeps wearing out after 4 to 6 months of use just had to order another one very dissatisfied customer I have Roku ultra player Roku streaming stick another Roku streaming stick longtime Roku customer very dissatisfied with this remote quality 

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Twitch62,

Thank you for posting on the Roku Community!

We see that you're having issues with your Roku Voice remote 2nd edition, and we're here to help you. First, have you tried the steps mentioned above, which involve resetting your Roku remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds?

Also, please let us know when you purchased this remote and could you please take a picture of the remote? In addition, let us know which Roku device you paired this remote with. Have you also tried using a different charger to see if it makes any difference?

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Twitch62
Reel Rookie

I have tried all the things that you have listed and using a different charger List Paired with Roku ultra just seems like I have to buy a new one every six months. I have four of them here and the charging port just goes bad no matter what charging cord I use

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @Twitch62,

Thank you for your response. We appreciate your cooperation and are dedicated to providing further assistance. We will contact you privately to offer additional support.

We look forward to your reply and to continuing to assist you.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FunkyDuck
Reel Rookie

Still ongoing.   Anybody out there ACTUALLY own the Voice Remote Pro 2nd Edition?   What's your charging experience like.   Roku Support Chat told me the problem was I bought them from Amazon.   So, I returned the two from Amazon and BOUGHT DIRECTLY from Roku.   Same issue.  White light just keeps on blinking and never goes solid.   What the heck am I missing here?  I performed remote reset action and no change.   Does the remote have to be paired before it functions properly?   I also replaced the charging adapters to make sure they met specifications, but interestingly Roku support is UNABLE to recommend which charging adapter THEY SELL that is compatible.   

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @FunkyDuck,

We greatly appreciate your participation in the Roku Community and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. And we're here to assist you further on his matter.

Please consider the following steps to address the issue. We recommend pairing the remote with your Roku device to evaluate its status.

We also suggest resetting your Roku remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again and try using the Roku remote feature to see if this makes any difference.

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply back to the thread for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.