Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grencer

Roku Voice Remote Pro 2nd Edition Keeps Flashing 100% Battery Level

I upgraded my remote to the Voice Pro Remote v2 a couple of weeks ago. It's has just started giving me a 100% battery notification constantly. I have discovered a pattern for WHEN it happens. If I put the remote down and leave it for 20 seconds the remote seems to go into a deep sleep. Upon picking it up after 20 seconds the lights come on and the battery notification flashes on-screen. If I pick the remote up after the lights go out for 10 seconds the notification does not come on. It seems it only happened after 20 seconds.

I have spent the last hour reading and researching other threads about this topic and have tried re-pairing, rebooting etc. I believe this to be a programming flaw which should be looked into. It is hugely annoying to try to concentrate on a show and constantly get a battery notification every time you move the remote even a little bit.

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro 2nd Edition Keeps Flashing 100% Battery Level

Hi @Grencer @krysbeal,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community! 

We've noticed that you're getting constant battery notifications with your new Roku Voice remote pro V2, and we really appreciate the effort you've put in to try and fix it. We recommend trying a remote reset to see if that helps.

Here's how...

1. Plug the remote into power.
  2. Hold down the pairing button for 20 seconds (during holding down the remote light will start to flash. Keep holding and at the 20-second mark the light will turn off. The remote will then restart)

Let us know if this one works.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

I am having the same problem and I just posted about this annoying malfunctioning pop up on another topic. I don't have the Voice Remote Pro 2 but on all of my Roku Voice Remotes I get this annoying pop up at different times.

It appears these remotes were all poorly designed and they lose connection to Wi-Fi and when that connection is re-established they are programmed to pop up the battery level notification. I think that is what is happening with this bug. Because it happens all the time when my batteries are full or close to being full.

I've suggested this like crazy, Roku needs to give us a new remote setting to turn these pop ups off or just get rid of them. Roku does not take this problem seriously and they are not doing anything to fix it. This has been a problem for a very very long time, going back years.

There is absolutely no excuse for this not being corrected in the latest OS 13 firmware update.

krysbeal
Reel Rookie

It does not resolve the lag, battery level pop-up, or the new fun thing the voice pop-up! 😞

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings from the Roku Community, @krysbeal!

Thank you for reporting this to us. Rest assured that I will forward it to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation and will let you know when the team has provided updates.

In the meantime, you may install the Roku Mobile App as an alternative to your physical remote. It has a private listening feature and works well with your Roku player.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.