Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FranklinJ
Streaming Star

How many remote units can you hang off of a Roku ultra?

I work in a facility where we have primarily TCL televisions, Roku, devices, Roku ultras, and various versions of Roku HDMI sticks.

I Marked and collected a number of Roku remotes.  I was able to hang eight remotes off of one Roku ultra.

After eight, the ultra was refusing to accept more remotes.

One of my friends told me his record is 16 remotes on one Roku Ultra. I don’t have pictures so I can’t say that it happened, but I do have pictures of Eight Voice Remote Pros on one Roku Ultra. 

What’s the most amount of remotes you've ever hung on your Roku streaming device?

By sun up, I had all the remotes back in their offices and made sure they were properly paired with their devices. I even paid for some new batteries for some older units.  

There were no complaints or else I would’ve heard about it, as “the building tech geek.”

soooo…What’s the most amount of remotes you've ever paired with your Roku streaming device?  The Roku universe wants to know….

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
FranklinJ
Streaming Star

Re: How many remote units can you hang off of a Roku ultra?

My friend added a bit to his remotes on the Roku ultra story.

first, he wiped  his ultra box with 8 remotes attached. Then he says he wiped each remote unit holding down the upper left arrow and home button for 45 seconds. He paired them back to the freshly wiped box. And wiped it after pairing the 8 

then he performed a similar procedure with 8 more remotes. Wiping, pairing, 45 second clearing the cache and wiping and pairing. 

heres where it gets sketchy. 
although only 8 remotes show on settings, all 16 controlled the Roku. 
his proof was hidden in a secret button pressing sequence which identified all the MAC addresses of the connected hardware remotes. 

conveniently, he forgot the button sequence that gives the the machine addresses codes of related hardware attachments. 

so my next question is, do you know the secret hardware button sequence. (like an internal x-ray) that shows connected devices? 

FranklinJ

0 Kudos
6E616D65
Roku Guru

I think that you may have discovered the maximum amount of stupid questions that one human can ask. At least I hope that you have.

FranklinJ
Streaming Star

Mr Guru Sir,
Oh no, You are quite mistaken Sir.
I have the capacity to ask much more stupider questions.  Like how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop, or what would you do for a Klondike bar. 

After working as a senior network engineer for over two decades, I realized that some people respond better to stupid questions, and still don’t have answers.  They just leave insulting, pedantic and sophomoric responses. 
Do you know anyone who would do such a thing?  Generally, they are ego driven and staunch proponents of the Dunning Kruger effect, with is a form of cognitive bias. Of course, such people are Self acclaimed experts.

6E616D65
Roku Guru

Self-proclaimed, you moron.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.