Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stacy1971

Need replacement remote for JVC ROCU TV

I Bought brand new in box JVC ROCU TV model 50LBU591U few years back.Opened it up recently & no REMOTE INCLUDED! Bought a ROCU remote that didn't work..so trying to find out if there's a specific remote I can purchase, what where etc?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Need replacement remote for JVC ROCU TV

You can go to your local Walmart and buy Wifi voice remote separately in universal remote aisle for $20 or $30. It won't work right out of the box it has to be paired with Roku tv. Or you can buy Roku tv IR remote from amazon:

Amazon.com: Roku Remote (Official Manufacturer Product) | TV Remote Control with TV Controls, Simple...

Which will work directly out of the box. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Need replacement remote for JVC ROCU TV

@Stacy1971 

@Tivoburkee provided the info re available remotes you can use with your JVC Roku TV.

FWIW, fleshing out some background information:

• Your JVC Roku television and its remote are made and supported by JVC.  Roku just supplied the operating system that includes the built-in Roku functions.  Warranty support is the responsibility of JVC, the set's manufacturer.
  • The appropriate remote should have been included in the box with the TV.  It's lack could be a screw up by JVC, or you may have been sold a set as "new" that had previously been returned to the purchase point without the remote.
  • Roku Tvs use a different set of infrared (IR) control codes than separate Roku streaming devices do, so if you purchased a remote for a Roku streaming device, rather than one for a Roku TV, it won't work on your Roku TV.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.