Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a25l

Roku Remote doing random command

Jump to solution

So I fell asleep and rolled over my remote and now when I press a button it does a completely different command 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Remote doing random command

Jump to solution

@a25l 

My first recommendation is I'd listen to the streaming expert over any idea I might have. It sounds like what he wrote is probably is the issue.

If I ever have any issues with my Roku remote i always take the batteries out and then put them back in and that will usually fix over 90% of the issues when I rarely have one.

Re-pairing your Roku remote again. May help too. I've done that before and it's worked for me. If you wanted to so that go to settings, remote & devices, and start the process of pairing a Roku remote. It could be a slightly different process depending on your remote model. But they walk you through it.

And this link is always helpful to have as well. It's for Roku's remote support.

https://support.roku.com/category/4403789553943

Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

A button is probably stuck.  Try plucking at each one.  If it's a voice remote, the volume buttons on the side are especially fragile.  If you can't get it to work, you'd probably have to take it apart (which is a pain) or get a new remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@a25l 

My first recommendation is I'd listen to the streaming expert over any idea I might have. It sounds like what he wrote is probably is the issue.

If I ever have any issues with my Roku remote i always take the batteries out and then put them back in and that will usually fix over 90% of the issues when I rarely have one.

Re-pairing your Roku remote again. May help too. I've done that before and it's worked for me. If you wanted to so that go to settings, remote & devices, and start the process of pairing a Roku remote. It could be a slightly different process depending on your remote model. But they walk you through it.

And this link is always helpful to have as well. It's for Roku's remote support.

https://support.roku.com/category/4403789553943

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.