Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Redmoon
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra setup pair with remote

Remote won’t pair and it’s stuck at this screen attached. I tried all the different troubleshooting steps in other posts like resetting the remote by holding pairing button for 20 sec and resetting the Roku  multiple times. The remote will turn the TV on but then it gets stuck here and no longer does anything else. Light on Roku is white and blinking. Remote light is green and blinking. Remote is fully charged. 

IMG_5613.jpeg

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra setup pair with remote

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Redmoon!

Thank you for reaching out. I understand your troubles in pairing your Roku remote and I'd be happy to help you with this.

Firstly, have you already tried rebooting your Roku Ultra by unplugging it from your TV and to a power source? If not, I highly suggest so. After doing so, replug everything and try to pair the remote again to see if this will make any difference. 

If the issue persists, do you have another Roku Voice Remote we can try to see if this will pair with your Roku Ultra? If so, that would be great.

I'll be looking forward to your update.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Redmoon
Reel Rookie

Yes, I’ve rebooted several times the Ultra by removing power since there’s no other way to get off that screen. And I’ve tried paring another remote and it does the same thing. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for confirming, @Redmoon.

We could try one more step, and with your permission, we can perform a hard reset on your device. Please be informed that resetting your Roku streaming device will set you back to default settings, and you may need to re-link your Roku account and sign in on your channel subscriptions. Also, before doing this step, ensure you know the name and password of your network connection.

You may refer to our support article to help you: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device. 

Let me know how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Redmoon
Reel Rookie

I already tried that,  resetting to factory defaults is where that screen I sent is from. The screen comes up to select language, and then the screen I sent pic and doesn’t allow any other action.  I’m stuck with a brick at this point. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping me posted, @Redmoon.

I appreciate your cooperation as we work to resolve the issue you're currently experiencing. 

In this case, I will reach out to you via Private Message to gather further personal information as I will coordinate this with the appropriate Roku team for additional reinforcement. Kindly keep an eye on your inbox.

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nicosam5

Re: Roku Ultra 4670X wont pair upwith remote

Hi -

Please help. The Roku Ultra only keeps on blinking after I pressed for 10 secs the small button by battery side and nothing happens - remote wont pair up with base roku ultra.

Please help !

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra 4670X wont pair upwith remote

Welcome to the Roku Community, @nicosam5!

Thank you for reaching out to us. We want to assure you that we will help you pair your physical Roku remote with your Roku Ultra device. Before we proceed, we would appreciate it if you could provide us with more specific information, such as:

• Is this the remote that came with your Roku device, or was this purchased separately?
  • Were you able to pair this remote the first time you activated this device?
  • When did it start having problems pairing?
  • Are there any lights on your remote or device when you try to press random buttons or the pairing button?
In the meantime, here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot your physical remote.
Reboot your voice remote
If your voice remote uses standard AA or AAA alkaline batteries, you can reboot it by removing and reinstalling the batteries.
  1. Remove the battery cover on the back of your remote
  2. Remove both batteries from the battery compartment
  3. Re-insert the negative (-) end of a battery first and then gently push the positive (+) end until the battery clicks into place
  4. Repeat the previous step to install the second battery
  5. Put the battery cover back on your remote
If the issue persists, replace the batteries in your voice remote and insert them using the same steps provided above. After doing so, pair them again to see if this makes any difference.
For reference, here's the support article dedicated to this: How to fix your Roku voice remote that is not working

We are eagerly anticipating your update.

Best regards,
Jharra
Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.