Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chaynsworth
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Ultra 4802 Remote Battery Lasts 24 hours

In response to your questions. 
 No never use the voice feature. 
 No never use the headphones. Since Roku replaced my remote, it works flawlessly. I only charge it about every two weeks and it has never stopped working. 

Now that I have used it for a while I would not go back to AA batteries, which I asked for replacement instead of rechargeable remote. I have an Airbnb and I am considering replacing the remote with the rechargeable remote so I never have to replace AA batteries and will plug in the remote before each guest arrives. 

I hope this helps in your decision of which remote you want. 

Charles

shadowsknight
Channel Surfer

In my building I need to use the remote's earphone jack due to ringing in the auditory nerves, otherwise the neighbors WILL complain about the noise level, I do not like the built-in batteries nonsense in bluetooth earphones so I have to use the audio jack on the remote.

0 Kudos
shadowsknight
Channel Surfer

There should be a chip in the remote to monitor the charge level and control the recharging!

So, you could try using 1 of your rechargeable remotes to the extreme, leave it on for more than a week to get it to drain as far as possible (wish you could open it up to monitor the energy level of the battery pack), then hook it up to charge and see if it resets the charge control sense. 

This has worked with me with several neighbor's equipment which operate from rechargeable non-replaceable batteries.

0 Kudos
shadowsknight
Channel Surfer

Some do appear to be short-sighted, yet others see an opportunity to force customer's to keep replacing the equipment when the built-in rechargeable battery fails (see Apple)...

From what I am reading, it has to be the charge sense on the charge controller chip doing this... I suppose that sooner or later I will be learning what is what for myself, as I need to replace my older 4670 ultra in order to have everything working properly (since some channels are using AC-4/AC4).

0 Kudos
iFrog
Roku Guru

@shadowsknight wrote:

Some do appear to be short-sighted, yet others see an opportunity to force customer's to keep replacing the equipment when the built-in rechargeable battery fails (see Apple)...

From what I am reading, it has to be the charge sense on the charge controller chip doing this... I suppose that sooner or later I will be learning what is what for myself, as I need to replace my older 4670 ultra in order to have everything working properly (since some channels are using AC-4/AC4).

I've still been watching this thread, even though the initial issue has been resolved by Roku for the person who started the thread.  I've had my new 4802 for 2 weeks now, or close to it, or maybe even a little over now.  So far, no issues at all.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the remote battery issue with the Roku device and we apologized for the inconvenience this has caused.

Please be advised that battery life will vary based on usage. For normal use, the remote batteries may last two months or longer. Do your Roku remotes support private listening? This may also be one factor for the battery drain.

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device that is paired with the remote.

Please keep us posted so we can assist further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos