Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mimosa09

Need help with my Roku tv not working - issues with pairing remote

Can someone offer a solution for my problem, practically my roku tv was having issues with it not scanning for my wifi so I did a factory reset. After the factory reset was done the it turned on like normal but this is we’re the issues came in. It got to the screen where is said to select a language which then a box popped up saying to pair the remote. I take the steps to pair it which said to hold the controller button found in the back of the controller near the batteries. So I hold it and it begins to flash and the pop up box took off so I assumed it was paired but the buttons wouldn’t work I click to select English it wouldn’t select it and the light in the back of the controller hasn’t stopped flashing and the only button that works is the on and off button the rest don’t work. Is there anyway someone could offer help

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Need help with my Roku tv not working

Hi @mimosa09,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about this issue with Roku remote and we will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

If the remote issue persists, please refer to the Support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working | Roku

If the steps provided by the Support page still aren't helping, please reply back and we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

It's not a good sign that you were having a problem with Wi-Fi and now the remote won't pair since it uses Wi-Fi direct, but if the remote was working on the Roku screens before the factory reset then it should work after.  All I can suggest is to unplug the power from the TV, press the button on the remote until the light starts flashing if it isn't already, then connect the power to the TV and turn it on.  Set the remote down next to the TV and don't touch it.  Make sure the remote is fully charged or has good, fresh batteries.  If the light on the remote doesn't stop flashing then the pairing process failed.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Let me reiterate something @renojim said ...

Be sure the remote you are trying to pair is placed near the Roku TV -- across the room may not be close enough.  The pairing process seems to need a stronger signal than will be used for normal operation.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos