Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lpanella

Roku Streaming Stick+ wont control Power or Volume on my 32" Sharp Aquos TV

I am having a similar issue, trying to program the Roku remote to a sharp Aquos TV. I have followed all the prompts and cannot find a code to control the TV. Is there some work around or a way to manually enter a code for the sharp TV? It is hard for me to believe that it cannot control the name brand TV such a sharp but can control some crazy off-the-wall brand TV? 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RamboRick
Reel Rookie

Roku Streaming Stick+ wont control Power or Volume on my 32" Sharp Aquos TV

Hi Lpanella:

My problem was that I had a soundbar connected to my Sharp TV, so my TV's volume was set to 0 and only my soundbar produced sounds.  That meant that I couldn't hear the tones that the Roku remote pairing process made. Those tones are not sent to the soundbar.

If you have a soundbar, turn up the volume using your TV's remote (not your Roku remote) so you can hear the tones.

Lpanella

Re: Roku Streaming Stick+ wont control Power or Volume on my 32" Sharp Aquos TV

I can hear the tone’s fine, and it says click here if you don’t hear the tones, and I went through seven options and none of them work, it says, then to go to remote help atroku.com for further instructions, but I can’t seem to get any answers anywhere

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

The Sharp Aquos in the past had problem with IR commands because of the blacklight feature of the tv interfered with IR reception. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @RamboRick @Lpanella 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with pairing your Roku device more to your TV.

I'll let @Tivoburkee chime in here with his wisdom as he's our resident Roku Community remote Expert.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos