Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jojoshou24
Reel Rookie

Roku Remote Control Not Working - Second Time this issue has come up

My Roku Voice Remote suddenly stops working. The TV control buttons like the Power and Volume up/down/mute will continue to work but nothing I do can bring back the rest of the buttons. Then it will occasionally just start working fine again before it stops once more. This is the second time this has happened to one of my remotes. I've tried to replace the batterie, restarting my roku, Pairing and unpairing it. Is there another fix or am I able to get a replacement remote? 

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RemoteShooter
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Remote Control Not Working - Second Time this issue has come up

We're in the same boat...

I'm waiting for a reply from somebody "official" to try and help me too...

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jojoshou24, @RemoteShooter,

Thanks for posting in the Roku community!

We appreciate you for taking the time to troubleshoot and address this issue. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. 

We want to confirm, is this the remote that came with your device? Also, how often are you using the remote?

With more detailed information, we can assist you further.
Please keep us updated.
Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jojoshou24
Reel Rookie

Yes this is the same remote which came with the device. We attempt to use the remote almost every day. It sometimes perfectly works and sometimes stops working all together. Occasionally it also stops all the buttons except for the TV on/off and side volume controls only. 

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jojoshou24,

Thanks for keeping us posted. May we know what Roku voice remote you are using? Is it the built-in rechargeable battery or those that use standard batteries?

Roku voice remotes with a rechargeable battery status light and pairing button are located directly on the back of the remote while Roku Voice uses standard batteries status light located to the left of the power button beneath the surface of the plastic and is not visible until lit.

With more information, we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jojoshou24
Reel Rookie

I have a Roku voice remote. Thanks 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jojoshou24, @RemoteShooter 

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We appreciate you providing the information. Please be advised that we have passed along your information and concern to the Support team. They follow up and assist you further. Keep your lines open and check your email since they'll be contacting you from there.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated in the meantime.

All the best,

Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KTex9207

I’m having the same issue.  Did you get a solution from Roku?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KTex9207,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

Could you please tell us more about the remote issue you're having? What Roku remote do you currently have? Also, what troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve it?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist further.

All the best,
Kash 

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
waxnoxious
Reel Rookie

Sounds familiar... Our remote works, except for the volume buttons. We need to have the TV remote handy for volume only. Very annoying. It's like there was an update recently that prevents the volume buttons from functioning.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.