Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maddie7174

Replacement simple remote won't work

Jump to solution

I have a roku premiere.  I just received my new simple remote in the mail. I tried to connect it to my device by following the steps you have on your site. I did it 3 times. I does not connect. How do I get it to connect? If I cannot I need to return the remote as it would be a waste of money if I or you can't get it working....

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Replacement simple remote won't work

Jump to solution

The Roku simple remote is IR only remote, there is nothing to do it either works or not. You have to have clear line of sight to the front of the Premiere, and just press a button it should work. If it doesn't, test the remote by pointing it at your cellphone camera if you see flashes when pressing a key, it is emitting an IR signal, no flashes its broken. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Replacement simple remote won't work

Jump to solution

The Roku simple remote is IR only remote, there is nothing to do it either works or not. You have to have clear line of sight to the front of the Premiere, and just press a button it should work. If it doesn't, test the remote by pointing it at your cellphone camera if you see flashes when pressing a key, it is emitting an IR signal, no flashes its broken. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.