Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hawksfan11
Reel Rookie

Remote working intermittently

The remote for my Roku Express 4K+ only works a couple seconds at a time.  I have to constantly press the buttons until the Roku device reacts, and it only works for a couple seconds.  Very frustrating.  Don't think it is the remote because it seems to run the audio on my smart TV just fine.  Roku Express 4K+ Model #: #3941X2 - S/N SOHAK3D8AOLJ.  Using the remote that came with the device, and it started happening a couple weeks after I started using it (worked fine for awhile).  I tried resetting it and now I can't get the remote to sync to it at all.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote working intermittently

Hi, @Hawksfan11!

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community.

Rest assured that we will help you determine the cause and suggest further troubleshooting steps.

Before proceeding, can you please clarify whether you have reset your remote or the Roku device itself? Also, are there any lights appearing when you try to press random buttons on your remote, or are you able to control your TV's Power?

In the meantime, you may try the following troubleshooting steps below:

Reboot your voice remote

If your voice remote uses standard AA or AAA alkaline batteries, you can reboot it by removing and reinstalling the batteries.

1. Remove the battery cover on the back of your remote
  2. Remove both batteries from the battery compartment
  3. Re-insert the negative (-) end of a battery first and then gently push the positive (+) end until the battery clicks into place
  4. Repeat the previous step to install the second battery
  5. Put the battery cover back on your remote

Re-pair your voice remote to your streaming device

If your voice remote has a pairing button, it will be located either on the back of the remote or under the battery cover. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash.

When your streaming device finds your voice remote, an on-screen confirmation message will appear.

Furthermore, we also suggest plugging in your Roku Express 4K to a different TV to see if this will make any difference.

Keep us posted on how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.