Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote with lighted controls

Welcome and thank you for raising your suggestion with us, @Z28!

Your satisfaction and convenience are what we always aim for which is why we appreciate your suggestion regarding the features of a Roku remote. Rest assured that we'll keep this in mind and raise this with the team. 

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else you'd like us to address and we'd be more than willing to listen and take appropriate action.

Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SoCalGTO

Hard to believe after switching from my cable company to these streaming devices in 4 locations with a total of 15 Roku Ultra streaming players and NO BACKLIT remotes. I feel like George Jetson stuck with a Fred Flintstone remote. I mean, really?

derekmski
Channel Surfer

Yep, that's why I use all Fire TVs instead now. Backlit remote and programmable remote so you can control your soundbar or sound system without relying on ARC (can use optical).

vgrabo

This remote drives me crazy in the dark!  I can't believe that customers have been complaining about this for years and nothing has been done.

Cpaige

This request is years old. What's the hold up? I'd buy two of these remotes, so boom, easy money. There are generic remotes that light up that work with Roku and can be purchased on Amazon, but they DON'T have voice commands. So make one and charge $29 each, I'd happily order two. 

Dede2177
Channel Surfer

That's what I'm saying! Jeez what they are doing that's taking them FOREVER to make a voice command back lit remote is beyond me, and logic. 

graybeard
Binge Watcher

At this point even if Roku makes one I’d still get 3rd party like this:

Replacement Backlit TV Remote Control for Roku TV, for TCL/Hisense/Sharp/Philips/Onn/Element/Insignia/Westinghouse Roku TV (NOT for Roku Stick or Box) https://a.co/d/3YfcalE

Note that it’s only applicable to the TV and not the sticks due to it being IR only.

0 Kudos
ade30ukor
Reel Rookie

Unfortunately it doesn’t have voice support and it lags. (I bought one). So. Roku. Build your own!

0 Kudos
Dede2177
Channel Surfer

Yes! I want voice too! Roku make one NOW! Lol please?! Hopefully, with all these comments they'll actually see them and actually make something we want! 

0 Kudos
scottatl
Channel Surfer

Roku does not even have to make it.  They could find a third party supplier and give them the design requirements.  They could take a piece of the action and everyone would be happy.   That's how most of the stuff is made nowadays anyways. This is not a complicated thing for a third party manufacturing and engineering company. Or go to an establish remote control maker. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.