Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote with lighted controls

Hi Community users!

Thanks for posting here about your inquiry.

We really appreciate you for sharing this feature with us that you'd like to add to Roku remotes, and we sincerely are grateful for this. Rest assured that we'll pass this with the team so they can review it.

Once again, thank you so much for your input. Your satisfaction is valuable to us.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JBPrivate

Brand new user to the Roku world. Just bought 3 of these for my TV's and am seriously disappointed that the remote doesn't have backlighting (not to mention the 4 pre-programmed buttons that can't be changed).  I just assumed in this day and age that all remotes are backlit.  This is the first remote I've had in the past 10 years that doesn't have that feature.   While I'm a fan of the Roku unit/system, not being able to see the buttons in a dark room is a major, major, major bummer.

Jasontamu
Reel Rookie

Ya amazon sells them now....backlit ones!!!!

0 Kudos
derekmski
Channel Surfer

Yeah Fire TV you can get an official backlit remote for them. That's why I primarily use Fire TV now. Fire TV remotes also control any sound bar and Roku remotes can't do that either.

0 Kudos
scottatl
Channel Surfer

R u sure?  I see other brands but they r only IR and don't pair.  

0 Kudos
derekmski
Channel Surfer

Never had good luck with the IR Roku remotes. The solution is simple, get a Fire TV. 😄 Roku should ask Amazon how many backlit Fire TV remotes they've sold so far.

0 Kudos
Rjur

I agree.  We watch tv in the dark a lot and it’s a pain to use a flashlight or turn a lamp on.   Please offer back lit remotes comparable with Roku express 4k 

0 Kudos
Smardie

Just adding to this FOUR page thread.   It is ridiculous that Roku won’t make a backlit remote. Looking to switch unless they can offer one soon. It stinks because we recently set up 4 locations and it will be a total pain. The Roku express remote feels cheap without this BASIC feature. 

graybeard
Binge Watcher

I do see some 3rd party options on Amazon now if you search backlit Roku remotes. Some are for Roku TV only due to the use of IR instead of BT.

Hopefully they work well. I’ve finally moved on from Roku partly due to this major gap but if anyone’s tried these aftermarket remotes, please feel free to post about your experience here.

Z28

What a let down..One of the most desirable features left out of a otherwise decent remote. We need a backlit, voice activated, USB remote. Come on you all.