Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Opaboston
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote voice control stopped working

Roku App

Version: 9.1.0.1762787

I hope this helps Thanks!

Show quoted text
20230426_130712.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Opaboston,

Thanks for following up and providing the information.

Just to confirm, have tried to uninstall the Roku Mobile app and Install it back? In addition, are you also having an issue with your Roku remote? Have you tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted with the details and we appreciate you again posting in Roku Community. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
szekbalazs
Reel Rookie

Hi there,

I have the same issue: tried repairing many times. Network reconnect, adding/updating remote under remotes & devices, nothing solved the issue. I even did a factory reset. After that I started the usual setup process, connecting to network etc When I was signing in to my roku account I used the microphone button and said my email address. That's the only time it works/worked. After setting everything up the voice control features does not work anymore anywhere/anytime. When I press it/hold it and try to give voice commands, nothing shows up in the up right corner, roku jumps into the starting screen. Under privacy/voice/speech recognition is also on.

I am using a Roku fire stick 4k (bought it like 2 weeks ago) on a Samsung BU8000 Crystal UHD Tv

The tv remote also has voice command function, it works just fine. I was wonndering could it be when pairing the Roku remote so I can also control volume/mute on the Samsung tv somehow interfere?

It is a feature I would use all the time!! Please help me solve this issue as I ran out of any more ideas and it is really annoying!

Thanks in advance!

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @szekbalazs

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Have you tried all the troubleshooting steps in this Support link: How to resolve issues with your Roku® simple remote or Roku voice remote?

If the issue persists, please reply here with the serial number of your Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
szekbalazs
Reel Rookie

Hi Karla,

Yes, I tried all the troubleshooting steps, unfortunately the issue is still present.

Streaming stick 4K

Model: 3820X

SN: S09241AY7AAG

Thanks,

Regards

Balazs

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @szekbalazs

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
szekbalazs
Reel Rookie

Hi Karla,

Thank you!

When can I expect the support team to reach out?

Regards,

Balazs

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @szekbalazs

Thanks for the post.

It looks like you were in recent contact with our Support team. We would recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
szekbalazs
Reel Rookie

Hi Karla,

Unfortunately I was in no contact with anybody from the support team. I only had the conversation with you in this thread. I am still waiting for any solution to solve this issue.

Thanks,

Balazs

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @FJB2020,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We thank you for bringing this remote issue to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience.

We need your support to help and learn more about this.

Let us know...

• When did you start seeing the issue occur?
  • Did this issue occur during the initial set-up, or has it happened recently?

Share with us additional information so that we can take a closer look at it.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator