Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GQWoman

Remote not pairing. Followed all of recommendations yet no luck. Serial # 5S4642141159

My remote is not pairing and I've tried every recommended troubleshooting to no avail.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote not pairing. Followed all of recommendations yet no luck. Serial # 5S4642141159

Hi @GQWoman,

Warm greetings from the Roku community!

We see that you're having aa remote pairing difficulty, and we value your troubleshooting efforts.

Let us know how we can assist you in getting started. Could you tell us if this is the remote that came along with your device? In addition, is this due to the initial setup, or does it work previously but no longer works?

Please let us know more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Marycola1

Re: Remote not pairing. Followed all of recommendations yet no luck. Serial # 5S4642141159

i have no button in my batteries conpartment

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Marycola1,

Greetings from the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're having with the Roku remote since it will not pair. May we know what Roku device you are using right now? (Roku Express, Roku streaming stick, Roku Ultra, Roku streambar, Roku TV-Specify) What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FJB2020
Streaming Star

Same problem here my brand new Roku Ultra pairs successfully and follows a command and then quits. Two remotes and countless time on the phone. Spent a half hour again trying . I think I give up. An inferior product. My third Roku player so obviously I like them. This is a bummer 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Marycola1-

Some recent Roku Voice Remotes do not have a pairing button in the battery compartment.

To put these remotes into pairing mode, press and hold both the BACK and HOME buttons near the top of the remote for 5 seconds or more.
a.jpg
Reference: https://support.roku.com/article/360011621473

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.