Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote stops working - have to rotate batteries to get it working again.

@Emissary35,

Thanks for the update and sorry for the late response!

We'll share this with our Support team for further assistance. Please keep an eye on your email address and I also sent you a PM for more information.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @GoofyFoot,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for your report and we're sorry for the inconvenience.

We'll also need reinforcement from our support team about this. I also added a PM to you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Scooter2,

Thanks for getting back to us!

We'll share this with our Support team for further assistance. I also ping via PM for more information.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HAYN29

Like Scooter2, Emissary35 and Goofyfoot, I'm having the exact same issue.  I've tried all the ROKU troubleshooting tips and the solution would only last 5 minutes.

Remote Model: RC-AL7

SN: SKU3226000777

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @HAYN29,

We understand that you're having the same issue as the others. No worries, we're here to help.

Would you mind sending us a PM here at the Roku community? We'd like to continue assisting you from there.

We'll be anticipating your response.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I have had the same issues. Can’t use the remote at all now. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @DeborahR54552

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention and rest assured that we'll further assist you with the remote problem you've encountered. Could you please tell us more about the issue you've had? What behavior does your remote show? Further, what specific troubleshooting steps have you taken in an attempt to resolve the issue?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ttev074

Also started having this issue yesterday. My remote won’t even try to pair. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Ttev074!

Reaching out for support is highly appreciated. We'll do our best to find you the best resolution regarding your remote concerns.

As we checked, you have multiple Roku streaming players linked to your account. Would you mind letting us know which specific Roku player your troubled remote was connected to?

In the meantime, you can try to check our Support article on How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working to help you. You can also try to press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds to reset it and re-pair it right after.

Let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

I just wanted to give a little update. After making my complaint a couple of weeks ago about remote issues Roku sent me a replacement remote. This one paired easily and I didn't have any pairing issues at all, so that was a good thing. I used the remote for one whole night and everything was fine.

However on night two while watching videos the completely annoying battery notification decides it wants to pop up on my screen and interfere with my video watching! Oh it just LOVES to pop up in the upper right corner for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON AT ALL completely AT RANDOM!

Hey Roku! The battery level in the remote is NOT LOW!

Also I WAS NOT pressing any buttons on the remote!

In fact I was 21 minutes into a video I was watching and I had not even touched the remote since I pressed the Play/Pause button to begin the video!

So I would like to know why my remote is popping up a battery notification on my TV screen 21 minutes into a video when I am not pressing any buttons on the remote and I haven't even touched the remote at all since the video began playing! Explain this!

And by the way, when the battery pop up happened it showed full charge! So what is the point of the pop up notification if it isn't a warning the battery was getting low?

Whoever designed this should be FIRED!

Roku, I am ABSOLUTELY FED UP with your terrible remotes! I am BEYOND SICK AND TIRED of the ridiculous malfunctioning battery pop ups that spam the TV screen!

And yes that's exactly what it is! It is absolutely SPAM from the Roku firmware because it pops up randomly whenever it feels like it whether you are touching the remote or leaving it alone, whether the batteries are high or low. It doesn't matter!

I have suggested this several times in the past going back several years on many different remote topics on this community! Do this one simple thing Roku!

REMOVE this annoying battery pop up from the software!

Or at the very least include a NEW OPTION in the remote settings to completely DISABLE this terrible battery pop up because it literally can occur at any moment!

The notification is flawed because the firmware in the remote or Roku that makes it pop up is flawed, it is not doing it's job it's just being an annoyance! I'm sick of having to deal with it on my screen!

Is that clear enough for you Roku? Can you do this one simple thing so the battery pop up annoyances can be removed once and for all?

Let's not forget that you guys at Roku designed this notification into the software so you are completely responsible for it malfunctioning and thus fixing it!

After all these years please take this problem seriously and escalate this to the engineers at once! STOP IGNORING this problem while you work on adding other useless features that nobody likes and just CORRECT IT!

Okay?

I hope this gets taken seriously and I don't get another useless response from a moderator asking me for my serial number and other device specific info because that is NOT the problem!

I'm ready to give up on Roku!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.