Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote stops working even with new batteries.

What can I do when the new remote and device came today and remote will not work with two different sets of batteries?

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote stops working even with new batteries.

Hi @momof3girls

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out to us for support. May we know if you've already paired your Roku remote to your Roku streaming device? Also, have you already set-up your Roku streaming device?

Please let us know, and we'll continue to assist you further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Swaggy01

Remote works on my mobile. Not on my tv

0 Kudos
Swaggy01

Device is set up. Not sure if it's paired

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Swaggy01,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with your Roku remote. We'd like to know more about it so we can further assist you. Please provide us with some details.

• What Roku device are you using right now that you are having issues with? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV)
  • What type of Roku remote are you using right now? (universal, simple, voice remote, or voice remote pro)

Meanwhile, you can check out this support article on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

We'll be waiting for your response, and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
fourkirmses
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue, everything was working then stopped. I have tried all of the methods to resolve this issue that have been discussed here. The remote is the simple infrared version that came with the Roku.

Model 3930x, S/N S008326xodvk. The remote is Model RC-ALIR 3226001237

I have only had the ROKU for 8 months and am very disappointed with how poorly it has performed

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @fourkirmses,

A friendly welcome from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

If you believe your Roku product is malfunctioning or wish to return your order for a refund, you must first request a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. Before you submit a refund or replacement request, it is important to understand the details of the process as described in this article. Step-by-step instructions for returns and warranty replacements.
Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
fourkirmses
Reel Rookie

Thanks but that is sufficiently cumbersome and an unnecessary expense. I have already gone ahead and purchased a fire stick. Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
DJW47

Hello, I have the simple remote and it just stopped working. The Roku express is still on my TV, but the remote doesn't seem to connect , I've had for a while and it seemed fine then it slowly gave me problems connecting or changing channels then it just stopped. Thanks for reading this, CONFUSED.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DJW47,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here:

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos